Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a simple way to quilt this or should I pay the quilter?

Blog Entries
    You've seen this before... I have two done and ready to quilt. One is for me, one is a gift. They are small--about 30" x 46".

I'm in a quandary. I emailed a quilter who does gorgeous freehand--she did my Barn Quilt and some others. She said she'd love to enhance it, and it'd be $50-70--closer to $50 (minimum charge) due to its size. I have no idea what she'd do--I have no ideas how to go about it. That just seems like a lot for such a small piece, but I know it takes a lot of time to just get the pieces set in the machine.

Or I could just quilt some apples and horseshoes over it and call it good? I'd have to sew through a traced pattern to do it.

Or I could get the gift one done nicely and do my idea on mine....

Any ideas? What would you do? :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Have the gift one done, then see when it comes back if you want it that way for yourself, or if you want to do your own design. Great job - I can almost hear then whinny!

I agree, have the gift one done. That is such a wonderful gift. You are very talented.

I love that!! What a great job you did.
    I agree with Marjpf. If it's a gift, I'd send it out. I can't machine quilt worth crap but if it's just for me, I do it.
    Really love your piece!

Blog Entries
    Okay--3 for 3--I'll call the quilter. Thanks! :-D

Maybe I can copy what she did--that's what I did on the barn quilt because the others I made were small wall hangings. Or if I adore it--I'll get mine done too.

:wink:

I just did a Scottie Baby Quilt for my friend and she was so thrilled with what I'd done, that really made my day more then the money she paid me. She had a white heavy flannel for the backing, I stitched in the ditch around each dogs, their collars and around the borders. I did circles in the back ground of each block. The back is what she was so excited about as it too looked as good as the front. If I did these horses I would do the same and I think a few FH stitching on their mains too .... not so sure that's how you'd spell that? I'm not a horse person, I leave that all up to my sister, if she could have I think she would have married a horse ;c} , her ridding days are over but her love for horses will go on forever.
    Hope I help a little?

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Crissie. I love your quilting job. I'd never be able to handle those little circles though.

And I looked it over again and think I've changed my mind. The horse heads are faux suede--I don't think I want any stitching on them at all. And none really needs to be since they are machine appliqued down. So--there's very little left to quilt! I think if I find a medium horseshoe I can do this!

Okay--your job has changed--now I need a pep talk. :lol:

You can do it!! And both of them will be beautiful when you are done!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think you should quilt yours and see what you think. If it turns out to suit you, do the gift, too. At least try yours before you agree to a $50 charge. You might just surprise yourself.

Blog Entries
    Look what I found!! I can print it off in different sizes and scatter them all around--leaving the horses. Of course they have to open at the top for good luck! :wink:

I'll go look up apples too!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast