Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-12-2014, 05:51 AM

I finished 2 totes for Sadie's Dream for the Cure. I also am in the process of going through my boxes of material and putting them on bookcases by color. I don't have a very big stash but I got tired of looking through totes and on shelves for what I wanted so I did some rearranging of bookcases. It also meant that I had to clean off a bookcase and now I have a big pile of cooking books to be donated to our church garage sale in May.

Connie
Old 03-12-2014, 06:10 AM

Good going, Connie. I know your totes are fantastic...... and such a good cause.

I remember taking fabric out of totes and arranging them a couple of years back. Whether you have a large stash or not, it makes it so much easier to find what you want when you want it.

Cookbooks???? I've been looking for the old Betty Crocker cookie cookbook. I had one as a kid but mine got damaged.... cause I used it so much. Anyway, if you have one.... I might be interested.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:05 AM

Connie: I think your going to be really happy with the bookshelf arrangement. I did the same thing about a year ago, four book cases and a walk in closet later, I find I make much better use of my stash.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:12 PM

Jean, I think I have one that my mother got rid of recently. Do you really want it? I'm in Colorado so shipping would be involved, but no cost for the cookbook.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 AM

Magpie, I sent you a PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 AM

I get to ring my own bell and toot my own horn this morning. I have my March finish ready to show off. It's the OBW that I've been struggling with but it's done enough to say I'm done. The batting said to quilt 1-1 1/2" apart and I've done that everywhere except in the middle of all the triangles. But I ran out of the color of thread I bought (4 spools) and I'll have to go get more. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to just tie each triangle in the middle or sew another line down the middle of each triangle. Maybe it will just get lumpy in each one. I'll be using it till I get more thread and decide what to do.

I'm going to take a quilting break to go work on a couple of jackets my SIL needs help on. I've put them off so I HAVE to work on them now..... and I'll still pop in here everyday to cheer you all on 'cause we still have UFOs to finish, right? I'm down to just a couple..... Yeah!! Without you all I wouldn't be done with so many..... You all are the greatest!!
Attached Thumbnails obw7.jpg   obw8.jpg  
Old 03-13-2014, 05:28 AM

Jean: That's truly marvelous. You stuck with it and came up with a truly beautiful quilt. Congrats!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:50 AM

Wow! It's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing. I can't believe you finished it so quickly. (What does OBW stand for?)
Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 AM

Thanks Emma and Magpie. OBW stands for One-Block-Wonder.... it's a quilt where you cut up a 6-layer stack of fabric and make hexis. Then, you arrange them and sew them back together. I started this one 6-7 years ago and put it aside when I moved back to Michigan. It's not my usual thing and found it very frustrating..... but now that it's done.... it really lets me relax and concentrate on other things. So, it wasn't so fast to finish.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:45 AM

Jean, your quilt is lovely and I'm ringing the bell for you too!!! Well done! I hope I NEVER use a batting that requires quilting so closely together. LOL