Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

9P snowballs is always a great scrappy. Fraew. Way to go.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM

Fraew: That's exactly what I've been doing, mindlessly starting new projects with no intention of finishing them in the new future. Congrats on your finish, looks great.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 AM

Fraew: Great Crabapple finish! I'm always inspired by Leader-Ender projects. And the Snowball is so lovely, too. Beautiful quilting and I love the corner detail. It's always fun to find a little surprise in a quilt.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM

Another UFO flimsy bites the dust! This poor quilt top/center has been sitting around waiting for months for the two outside borders to be attached. I finally put it out of its misery. Now I have 4 quilt tops/flimsies done and ready to be quilted. Feels good to get these things out of the un-done pile! Now on to my numerous UFO's with unfinished blocks.....ugh :-(
Attached Thumbnails img_5625-copy.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:52 PM

Princess: That is an amazing quilt, love the pattern and the colors! The borders do a great job of concentrating the attention on the center without detracting. Great finish!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:51 AM

Fraew, what a great snowball-9 patch quilt. .... love the feathers quilting in the borders. ..... really nicely done.

Pudunk Princess.... there you go again, showing off a super nice quilt top. Are these strips sewn together and then cut at an angle? All the colors blend so well together... again, really nice job.

I know how you feel when you're down to the UFOs that are barely started and there is still so much to do on them. It's hard to keep the enthusiasm up but we're on a mission, right? Who said we weren't strong and determined??? Step out of the way..... keep up the fight..... let's get those UFOs done and out of here...... Yeah!

ps: You all are doing such a great job.... love this thread.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:12 AM

[QUOTE=nanna-up-north;6620454]
Pudunk Princess.... there you go again, showing off a super nice quilt top. Are these strips sewn together and then cut at an angle? All the colors blend so well together... again, really nice job.

Thanks so much! It does feel good to see results so quickly when you only have to add the borders but the next few will take a little longer to complete. The center of the quilt in my photo is actually made up of all HST's.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 AM

What a wonderful quilt Princess! And a fantastic job of matching up all your points and seams. Wow, I am so impressed with your work. I hope someday to be half that accurate with mine!!!
Nanna, you are such a delight as you cheer and encourage everyone along!!! I am giving you your very own official pom-poms for doing such a wonderful job!!!! Please keep up the good work, especially while I am away and won't be here for the next month.
No UFOs finished for me, but I have finished 2 quilts and will finish the 3rd by tomorrow. One was Feb. and the other two are for this month. Comfort quilts always take priority for me.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:52 PM

Princess- Your quilt is great! The points are so crisp and the pattern is so interesting. Reminds me of harlequins. Great colors, too. First rate!

Wildyard--we'll miss you while you're gone! Hope we can make you proud with all our finishes when you come back. Enjoy your time with your sis.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:59 PM

Thanks, Linda. My own pom-poms??? .... so excited now. I'll try to step up while you're gone.... have a great trip. We'll all be ready to see the wonderful things you've gotten done while having a fantastic visit.