Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37

Thread: 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Finally got one completed! Sure feels good!!! Now how many to go for next year . . . Not going to count them now. Lol!

I finished a couple more quilts this week. I think these are my final finishes for 2015. However, I have 10 new UFOs to add to the list for 2015. I only cleared out 4 from the old list. Ah well, never a dull moment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Impressive, Krista..two very different styles, too. Nice job.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Krista: Two really great finishes!

Blog Entries
    Krista,
    Love your two 'complete' ones. That block pattern is on my bucket list so for now, I just admire anyone who does them.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Krista--what a great way to finish the year! Do you have a pattern name for the 2nd quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Krista--what a great way to finish the year! Do you have a pattern name for the 2nd quilt?
    The second quilt is "Back to Square One" - a medallion mystery that Judy Laquidara (Patchworktimes.com) and Vicki Welsh co-sponsored in 2013. You can find all the instructions on Judy's blog, starting here http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/1...llion-mystery/

Blog Entries
    Okay everyone...I started a new page for the new year. I think I have to wait for the moderators to approve it so watch for it to appear. Hope they will know to close this thread too. It has been a fun ride and we are all ready to keep the train a chuggin' along for another year of finishing up those UFO's!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Thank you Sandy. Everyone have a Happy New Year. 2015 is going to be the year of the finishes!

Fabulous, Podunk! Love how you've displayed it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Podunk Princess View Post
    Here's one more November finish. This is my oldest UFO. The pattern is called Cumberland and it was in a 2003 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine! It will be going to one of my daughters for Christmas.

Okay, I'm going with the assumption that everyone is having some sort of fun tonight that doesn't involve sewing, so I'm going to give our annual totals. Drum roll please....

8 UFOs finished in December bringing our total for the year to 223!!!! awesome job everyone! To all the starters, finishers and encouragers, have a safe and wonderful 2015!

Here is my latest finish: a top from my MIL's fabric for her grandson's wedding in June, 2015. She wasn't able to make him one so I used her fabric stash. It measures 88 by 93. It does hang straight but I needed to take the picture at an angle. I still need to remove the pieces of thread on the front. I will be sewing some blocks that I found in her fabric on the backing which is a light blue sheet. She preferred to use sheets on the backs of her grandchildren's wedding quilts.

Sometime in January, it will be delivered to a group of ladies to hand quilt. Hopefully someone else will do the binding but it may come back to me to bind.

I started cutting it about a year and a half ago.

Only 3 more quilts to make for the other grandchildren that didn't get a wedding quilt from her.

Happy New Year's!

Connie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yayyyyyyyy Connie and that makes 224!!! I am so proud of all our hard work and many finishes in 2014. Great work everyone.

I sure hope people will be more well in this coming year so I can work on more PUFFs and fewer comfort quilts will be needed. Not that I begrudge making them, not at all. Just makes me sad that the need seems to grow and grow.

I do have some exciting PUFFs to get at, so I'm looking forward to them!! See you all in the 2015 thread!!! Hugs and smiles!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37