Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 AM

I have a quilt top that was hand pieced by my great-great grandmother. She died the year I was born at the age of 104. I have started mending the few places where points are coming apart and when I have a place will set up a frame to hand quilt it. Probably will be a few years yet (like when my kids are grown/move out).
Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 AM

Love the vintage quilts. If they only could talk.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:03 PM

Oh Martina, What a wonderful keepsake. Glad you shared.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Default April UFO

April UFO finished. I had the top finished, so all I had to do was quilt it.
Attached Thumbnails april-ufo.jpg  
Old 04-11-2014, 03:19 PM

Nena: For most of us I think the "just quilting" step is a real stumbling block. Congrats on your early finish!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:18 AM

I finished 7 tote bags this month. My goal was to make 20 this year for Sadie's Dream for a Cure and I actually made 23. I made three extra so I didn't have anymore large pieces of fusible fleece lying around. .

Now I need to choose my next UFO/WIP.

Here are pictures of a couple of my totes.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 04-12-2014, 12:19 PM

So cute. I have been wanting to do something like that. If only there were more hours in a day.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:59 AM

I've been so busy this week..... time to catch up on all the UFO finishes.

Mad quilter, I know you are happy to get that quilt completed. Vintage quilts can be a challenge. I don't know if it's the fabrics that quilters used back then or what but I often find that they aren't as flat and that makes them difficult to quilt. I doesn't look like you had that problem because yours looks very smooth..... Great job. ..... another treasure for you and your DH to enjoy.

Nena, I love your latest finish. I love blue but don't often make blue quilts.... DH isn't fond of blue..... so of course yours caught my eye. Nice job!! I totally understand having tops done but not getting them quilted. What's the deal with that? I am so done with a quilt when I get it to the flimsy stage. I wish I had the $$$ to send them all out and didn't have to deal with that but I don't. I LOVE hand quilting but it takes me forever..... average is 4 months. And, FMQ is still a bit of a challenge. But you did a beautiful job on yours.... congrats.

Retiredteacher, WOW is all I can say. 7 tote bags is fantastic..... 23 is wild crazy. You go girl!! They are really super cute..... I keep wanting to do some totes... I know I could make some, but where does the time go? I need to slow down the clock and catch up......

Keep 'em coming, you all. Everyone is doing such a super job...... I'm still working on that lap quilt for my SIL before I tackle my next UFO..... only got a couple left..... yeah! But it's nearly time to head back to the summer cabin and that will take me away from my quilting while I pack away stuff to take with me .... probably won't get back on the UFO train till June. I'll keep checking in though. ..... love seeing what everybody is getting done.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 AM

I completed my April UFO. This was made with the Take 5 pattern and top and back are from my stash. I am so grateful to this group as it has helped me stay on track to complete at least one quilt a month. I might actually finish two this month!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]471450[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails take-5-quilt-top.jpg   take-5-quilt-back.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 PM

jwardknits: Congrats on your finish. Is it for someone in particular? I LOVE the colors. Here's a couple of mine I completed for April. Apparently I'm in a 'yellow' mood.[ATTACH=CONFIG]471503[/ATTACH]This is made with KF fabrics and came to be because I was trying to make something else with the strips that, for the life of me, I couldn't make work. AND, I used yellow washable marker on the white boxes to make a design to quilt...I washed it, took it out of the washer and thought, 'Oh, no, the yellow is still there!' I washed it three times before realizing that I has used yellow thread! As Bugs Bunny would say "What a maroon!"[ATTACH=CONFIG]471504[/ATTACH]I made this one from the MSQC utube video from Three Dudes. My dog, Brownie Muffin, needed to try it out.
Attached Thumbnails 20140413_143506.jpg   20140413_143353.jpg