2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-25-2017, 10:01 PM

Sharon... how good of you to support local business. Four months without a fabric fix, that's amazing.

How cold is it on Lake Superior (she says smugly as she sits in California with a high today around 67, sun shining, no heater needed. SHUT MY MOUTH!) Actually I'd love to see the Great Lakes.

OH and by the way......tomorrow's my birthday. I've got the whole day planned around quilting. I was real good at the retreat last week, didn't by anything, though I was sorely tempted.

Last edited by petthefabric; 04-25-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Sharon, all the people of Michigan thank you for your support! I had to look up Silver City. Never heard of it. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Happy birthday to all the April folks!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:06 AM
Swap Hosts

PaperPrincess, I love, love, love that quilt. Just when I think I'm sick and a half of pinwheels, I see something so sweet like yours and it makes me rethink it all.

Petthefabric, I just love that table runner. Is it a pattern or a panel? It's luscious.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

grammasharon...sounds like you are a big winner with your restraint!

Hey maybe we should have a contest on who can go the longest without buying....and the prize? Fabric from the losers!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

Ohmegosh, petthefabric, happy birthday to you and me today. Hope you get to sew all day.

I am waiting for the blood work results for our dog. The initial tests just brought more questions. On the upside, Sadie wanted to eat something after not eating for 4 full days. AND she cleaned the catfood dish. Things are looking up.

Sharon, you are combining the retreat/support local economy with your birthday pass and you are using what you buy. In my book that gives you at least one more pass along the way.

My stash piece wasn't quite long enough but it was too wide. So I trimmed off the width and inset it cross-wise. HA! Using stash AND adding a little back art. It's a win-win. However, I will have to go to the store to get some batting. I can't get to the bolt right now. Plus I wan to try some different batts.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:01 PM

Happy Birthday Mad. Hope your furry friend gets Dx and better.
Had my birthday fix. Also bought some cloths and went to a nursery. Some of my favorite things.

Krystyan: it's not a pattern. There are 3 large squares, on point. The prints (fruit) from that same fabric were cut and appliqued on top of the quilt. The setting triangles are squares of fabric that are sashed with white, just like sashing pieced blocks. Nobody in class understood what I was doing until it was almost complete. So... I don't know how to explain it. Maybe someday I'll write a pattern.

Now that makes no sense. If I can't explain it, how can I write a pattern?!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:45 PM

Woke up in Silver City, MI this morning to sleet and ice then turned to 6-8 inches of snow. Extremely dangerous weather conditions out there. Do you think it stopped quilters from coming to their annual retreat? Not in this life time. Those who were scheduled arrived in time for lunch/dinner and told various stories about cars overturned, Hwy 41 closed and all schools closed in Houghton County. Nary a quilter is missing. Fun to be snowed in with 40 wonderful quilters. Supposed to be 37 tomorrow so hoping the snow melts off the roadways so they can reopen the schools.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:54 PM

Can't tell you how cold it is, haven't been out since Monday and don't put the tv on guess I'll just have to ask someone tomorrow. The waves are big and it has churned up the lake and it looks very brown. Some of the gals have gone out for walks and all they say when they return with red noses is that it is blustery out there. I will just take their word for it. Yikes they opened the retreat shop today and can you believe she had 12 fat quarter bundles for 50% off, now who can turn that down? Not me!
Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Sharon... how good of you to support local business. Four months without a fabric fix, that's amazing.

How cold is it on Lake Superior (she says smugly as she sits in California with a high today around 67, sun shining, no heater needed. SHUT MY MOUTH!) Actually I'd love to see the Great Lakes.

OH and by the way......tomorrow's my birthday. I've got the whole day planned around quilting. I was real good at the retreat last week, didn't by anything, though I was sorely tempted.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

What a weekend for a retreat! Have a great time...
Old 04-27-2017, 06:11 PM

Have fun at retreat, but that my friends is why I moved from the UP of Michigan to sunny Florida. We had 95 today! All that snow and ice does make for good quilting days.