Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 182 of 184 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 181 182 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1835

Thread: Newbies challenge

I am up for adoption!! I am totally self-taught from books and online videos. Would LOVE to have someone who can help me. My dream adoptive parent would live near me (West Palm Beach, FL) but I can handle the long distance teaching relationship just as well.
    Leslie

I am up for adoption!! I am totally self-taught from books and online videos. Would LOVE to have someone who can help me. My dream adoptive parent would live near me (West Palm Beach, FL) but I can handle the long distance teaching relationship just as well.
    Leslie

I'd love to be adopted. I have been a self taught quilter....I learn from my mistakes! Youtube videos are my best friend, because I'm a visual learner. I have made a couple of denim quilts for my girls and I even made a t-shirt quilt for my brother. BUT I am for the most part....a newbie! This past July I bought myself a new toy....a Brother quilting/embroidery sewing machine, so I'd love to learn how to do some embroidery quilting. If you are familiar with that.....could you help me out? Thanks in advance!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal View Post
    This is so me! I ditto this!

I wouldn't call me a pro at quilting, but I sure would love to learn from a pro Art Quilter! If no one adopts us from the Art Quilters ring, maybe we can learn together TK.
    AND TKHOOPER

Hi Tracy and TK

I'm an art quilter. From California. Way out of the box. And I teach classes in reality space. I'd love to help you. Just found this thread too and WOW it's 3 yrs old. and your response is over 3 mo old. Have you already been adopted? How do you want to work this?

I am a newbie and need adoption. I am in the Southern part of the US. I am self taught but there is so much I would like to learn. Like how to build my own blocks. I want to build a 16 inch block but I want five pieces in that block and learning how to determine the sizes that would go in that block to equal out to 16 inches is something I would like to learn to do. I do not want a fancy program. I want to learn like they did in the latter days.
    Last edited by Quiltbaby; 10-29-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Hi I have been quilting for years but still am learning. I am self taught. I have learned through my mistakes and have ripped out a lot of stiches. I have a lot of questions and a desire to learn more. I would love to be adopted by someone.

Quiltbaby, I'm too new to adopt anyone but I can probably help with your pattern issue. The easiest way I know is this:
    1) Draw out a full sized 16" block on some stiff paper or thin cardboard like a cereal box.
    2) Cut the pieces out.
    3) Trace each piece on some more stiff paper.
    4) Trace your seam allowance around each of the individual shapes you just drew.
    5) Cut those pieces out including your seam allowances.
    You now have your patterns for each piece of the block with no math involved.
    When your block is pieced together it will come out to 16" plus your seam allowance all the way around.

It might be worthwhile to post a line drawing of the block you want to make here. Others may be able to tell you some easy ways to cut and sew the blocks to save some time.
    I hope this helps,
    Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney; 11-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.

I have been quilting for about 5 years and there is still so much I need and want to learn. I have finished two small foundation "paper pieced" tops and I have fallen in love with this method. I have been trying to find a place to buy the foundation paper at a good price and looking around for alternatives. I found a paper writing tablet at Walmart that has very thin paper and thought I would try it. The paper is lined but I can work around that.
    I would be a very attentive "adoptee" if someone has the time..

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Experienced sewist/newbie quilter in need of adoption I am teaching myself to quilt via the Web, and am hooked! Just finished my first quilt top! Any veteran quilters out there from NY, although a long distance relationship is fine too ?

Name:  first-quilt-top.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  1.24 MB
    ~ Dorothy Arnold
    sewchateau.com
    chantillydreams.com

" I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!"

I too have only been quilting a short time but feel like I could use all the help I can get So I to am up for adoption

Page 182 of 184 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 181 182 183 ... LastLast