Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

michelleoc 02-23-2013 01:35 PM

asimplelife - 11, 12, and 13? Now you are just showing off!! But seriously, the quilts are beautiful.
GirllivingforJesus - your first quilt? You did a great job. Love the colors.
SheriR - finished after two years? You did a stupendous job. The quilting looks great too. Is that fleece on the back?

SheriR 02-23-2013 03:31 PM

Michelleoc, I back it in cream flannel. I'm glad the quilting shows on the back.

carriem 02-23-2013 03:57 PM

Sheri--very pretty quilt. I am glad you were talked out of cutting it down.

Sauki1 02-23-2013 04:07 PM

Cat,

Where did you find this quilt pattern? It's great!

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts (Post 5861570)
Wahoo! Another finish! :) Feels nice to get these things done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395119[/ATTACH]

dublb 02-23-2013 04:19 PM

Gasp Sheri! That's just gorgeous! It just took my breathe away! Ya did it girl! Way ta go!:thumbup:

GirlLivingForJesus 02-23-2013 05:08 PM

Michelle it was my first one quilted by myself with no help!It would have been a lot better if I had a walking foot, but the one I bought was broke :thumbdown: It has a million mistakes, but I'm glad I finally got it done!

Tons of pretty quilts on here!

createfourpaws 02-23-2013 06:58 PM

I have finally complete the top of the t-shirt quilt I have been working on for 1 yr now. So it is finally finished, now to get the backing for it. The person I am making it for said she wanted a microfiber for the durabality of it. I am not sure it that will be a good fit for a quilt. they are thinking because you can buy the microsuede/microfiber bedspreads that is should work.

Any ideas on that? I am trying to give them what they want but also will be quilting it on my home machine. It is queen size, just havent measured it completely for the exact measurements.

I am hoping to have this done within the next month, considering I am only able to work on it on the weekends.

hawk 02-23-2013 10:04 PM

Another quilt top made Nov. 2011--now quilted and on my grandson's bed. Bright crayon colors and race cars! So not resting on my laurels I have moved on to a Civil War UFO. No it isn't THAT old. It is merely a repro Civil War fabric quilt.
So for those keeping score at home: two completely done quilts AND two quilt tops finished and ready for someone else to quilt.

dublb 02-24-2013 12:43 AM

Way ta go hawk!!!!!!

Shadowirish 02-24-2013 12:18 PM

A Finish for Feb...

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]397577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]397576[/ATTACH]

This is the second table runner that I had started at Christmas. The first one was gifted at Christmas and this one is for me. Not perfect but I like it and will use it.