Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

dublb 01-08-2012 10:32 AM

Awesome quilts ya'll!
SandyinZ4- darling snowmen!
Vanogay- 14 yrs, Wow. I've always got a "waiting quilt" going. My last one (a lap quilt) took 2.5 yrs.

ckcowl 01-08-2012 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i couldn't find this topic a bit ago so posted a new one with my newest finished UFO- but i will add it here too- i'm so happy its done :)
1 step forward---3 steps back (i located 3 forgotten ufo's in my sewing room closet this week :( )
oh well- when they are done i will really be done.
1 done---too many to go- so i'm just going to take it one at a time :)

Emma S 01-08-2012 12:59 PM

Wow! Great quilts! Sometimes I wonder how so many truly amazing quilts become UFOs. What is your "trigger" for putting a unfinished quilt in the back of the closet? Mine is when I reach the point that I can see what it is going to look like, than the excitement is over.

Fraew 01-08-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 4855282)
What is your "trigger" for putting a unfinished quilt in the back of the closet? Mine is when I reach the point that I can see what it is going to look like, than the excitement is over.

Great question. I don't have a dedicated sewing space. The set up, take down, repeat makes me crazy so I often put things really away and out of site out of frustration. Hand sewing has become my friend as I can steal a few minutes here and there to work on it, without all of the set up.

Short an Sweet 01-08-2012 02:00 PM

Beautiful !!!!!!

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 4854950)
i couldn't find this topic a bit ago so posted a new one with my newest finished ufo- but i will add it here too- i'm so happy its done :)
1 step forward---3 steps back (i located 3 forgotten ufo's in my sewing room closet this week :( )

ArteEmCasa 01-08-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4835920)
Here's the quilt I bound between Christmas and New Years. Could be a great scrappy quilt pattern

Congratulations on your first UFO done. oksewglad ! Love the colors of your quilt. Is there a name for this pattern? You did such a lovely quilting.

ArteEmCasa 01-08-2012 03:58 PM

Congratulations DebraK! Less one UFO! Very well done!

ArteEmCasa 01-08-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 4854509)
I have a good friend who is more of a perfectionist than I and once in a while she sends her half-finished, unwanted UFO's to me. So here is one that I only had to add the binding to and now it is done. I think I will donate it to the local Assisted Living Center next winter for a wall hanging.

Co cute! Glad you have a good purpose for it !

ArteEmCasa 01-08-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 4854576)
It's titled Forever Quilted because it took me forever to quilt it! LOL It is a reverse applique and has been 14 years in the making. One of those projects you carry everywhere and maybe do 30 minutes work on it and put it away - well, that's how long it takes of those 30 minutes - 14 years. Anyway, it's finished, totally hand quilted.

Congratulations! it took 14 years but is now done. Gorgeous quilting.

ArteEmCasa 01-08-2012 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 4854950)
i couldn't find this topic a bit ago so posted a new one with my newest finished UFO- but i will add it here too- i'm so happy its done :)

You have a good reason to be happy, it is a great quilt! Good lucky with the other 3.