Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Do you have a favorite "easy" food you make ? >

Do you have a favorite "easy" food you make ?

Do you have a favorite "easy" food you make ?

Old 10-14-2016, 04:54 AM

Red face Do you have a favorite "easy" food you make ?

I'm doing this to get more activity on this thread. My family loves pork chops this way and they're pretty darn easy.

Brown pork chops and put in an oven proof dish. Layer on sliced onion. In bowl, mix 1 can cream of chicken soup with 2-3 Tblsp. ketchup and 2 Tblsps Worchestershre sauce. This is enough for 2 or 3 pork chops, so double up everything if you are making more chops. Pour over chops, cover and bake 325 for hour or more. This makes its own amazing gravy so mashed potatoes are necessary. Our SIL thinks he's in Heaven if he gets this.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:38 AM
dd

My easy dish is chicken breasts. A little olive oil in a pan so it doesn't stick. Season breasts with garlic salt, oregano & poultry seasoning. Very tasty. Picky family always eats this. Usually serve with rice and broccoli because I know there won't be any turned up noses that night.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:02 AM

Breaded Meat....it might be a sicilian thing. Beef tenderloin is the best. Flatten down (push down with your hand) slices of meat, dip in olive oil, then in seasoned bread crumbs (bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, dried oregano, garlic salt and pepper). Broil, turn over and broil the other side. It's a family favorite and really easy.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:13 AM

We have two favorites:

First one is Bar-b-qued Salmon fillets, long grain w/ wild rice (Rice-o-Roni) and a vegetable. Start rice dish, prep veggie of choice. Depending on veggie start cooking that during the last 7 minutes of salmon cooking.
Take the salmon fillets, if skin is still on fillets place skin side up first, place them under the broiler (about 4-5" from element or burner). Turn after 5 minutes, remove skin, place back under broiler, wait another 5 minutes. Brush on bar-b-que sauce cook about 2 minutes flip and repeat. Enjoy!

Second one is fairly self explanitory:
Bean and wienies and mac-cheese.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:15 AM

My latest easy pork chop recipe uses the crock pot. I season the pork with salt, pepper, garlic and thyme. Brown in a pan 2 min per side in a couple tablespoons of oil. In the same pan I saute onion just a bit then add to bottom of crock pot with pork chops on top. Then I mix 1/4 cup flour with 1 cup of chicken broth and season with paprika, parsley, garlic, black pepper and basil. Cook on high 3.5 to 4 hours. Pork chops are tender and moist and the flour mixture turns into a great gravy that I serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
I'm doing this to get more activity on this thread. My family loves pork chops this way and they're pretty darn easy.

Brown pork chops and put in an oven proof dish. Layer on sliced onion. In bowl, mix 1 can cream of chicken soup with 2-3 Tblsp. ketchup and 2 Tblsps Worchestershre sauce. This is enough for 2 or 3 pork chops, so double up everything if you are making more chops. Pour over chops, cover and bake 325 for hour or more. This makes its own amazing gravy so mashed potatoes are necessary. Our SIL thinks he's in Heaven if he gets this.
Oh, this sounds so good. Port chops are my favorite. My easy meal is throwing a frozen pizza in the oven
Old 10-14-2016, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

Hamburger gravy.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Banned

Pasta & Chicken has ALWAYS been a family quick and easy
go to meal.

Pasta and Chicken
Serving size can be adjusted according to number of servings needed.
Figure 1 full boneless, skinless chicken breast per person. More chicken
can be added if wanted.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast per person
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
¼ tsp.Mrs. Dash original
1/8 tsp. Mrs. Dash Southwest chipotle (optional)
1/8 tsp. Poultry Seasoning (optional)
Italian dressing to taste (1-3 tablespoons according to amount of chicken to be cooked)
Parmesan Cheese
Bow tie or spaghetti (any pasta noodle will work)
Roma Tomatoes (optional)

Prepare
Bring water to boil in pot, add about ¼ tsp of cooking oil or Italian dressing
to water, add pasta.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
In a skillet (select a skillet size that will hold the amount of chicken you cut),
pour 1-3 tablespoons of Italian dressing and all seasonings add cut chicken.
Cook chicken until brown and cooked thoroughly.

Serve
On plate add serving of pasta, spoon chicken over top, add tomatoes (optional)
Italian dressing to taste, sprinkle parmesan on top (to taste) .

Additional meal idea: serve toasted garlic bread and/or a salad.
This has been a family favorite for nearly 30 years.

Hope you and your family enjoys it as much as mine has.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
Breaded Meat....it might be a sicilian thing. Beef tenderloin is the best. Flatten down (push down with your hand) slices of meat, dip in olive oil, then in seasoned bread crumbs (bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, dried oregano, garlic salt and pepper). Broil, turn over and broil the other side. It's a family favorite and really easy.
OMG! I agree. I prefer to use either super thin chicken or turkey breasts. I could eat this everyday. My grandma (Sicilian) and Mom always made this :-)
Old 10-14-2016, 02:31 PM

I do what my husband calls "goulash" but it really isn't. I saute onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil, add ground beef, cook until browned. Add tomato sauce and BBQ sauce of your choice (about half and half) and cook for a few minutes. Voila! Dinner. lol