Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Easy Pumpkin Muffins

  1. #1
    Member gaiatender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    59
    Can't remember where I got this but have already made it three times.

    (1) Pkg. yellow cake mix (used moist formula ones)
    (1) 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pie mix, use plain)
    Seasoning options:
    1 1/2 T. pumpkin pie spice
    or
    I used this one:
    1/4 t. ground cloves
    1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
    1 t. ground cinnamon

    Mix spices in pumpkin, add in cake mix. Use cupcake pan (sprayed with Pam or paper holders).
    350 for 20-25 mins. Every time I made, took full 25 mins. Very dense, very moist...can add nuts, but NO eggs, oil etc.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,842
    Blog Entries
    1
    i did it last month, and it tasted wonderful!

  3. #3
    Member gaiatender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    59
    You mean I got the recipe from this site? Well, they ARE very good so I had to share. Hope that is okay.

  4. #4
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,147
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by gaiatender
    You mean I got the recipe from this site? Well, they ARE very good so I had to share. Hope that is okay.
    I'm glad you posted , I must have missed it the first time!!

  5. #5
    Super Member crafty_linda_b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Posts
    1,574
    This sounds yummy I will have to try it..thanks for sharing
    ~~GOD BLESS THE USA~~
    ********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  6. #6
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    9
    So I do not use the oil or eggs as the cake mix says? I just want to be sure I read it right. Is it ok if I use fresh pumpkin cooked down? I can't stand canned pumpkin and I always cook mine from the carved pumpkins.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49
    Try using a box of spice cake mix instead of the yellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaiatender View Post
    Can't remember where I got this but have already made it three times.

    (1) Pkg. yellow cake mix (used moist formula ones)
    (1) 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pie mix, use plain)
    Seasoning options:
    1 1/2 T. pumpkin pie spice
    or
    I used this one:
    1/4 t. ground cloves
    1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
    1 t. ground cinnamon

    Mix spices in pumpkin, add in cake mix. Use cupcake pan (sprayed with Pam or paper holders).
    350 for 20-25 mins. Every time I made, took full 25 mins. Very dense, very moist...can add nuts, but NO eggs, oil etc.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    So I do not use the oil or eggs as the cake mix says? I just want to be sure I read it right. Is it ok if I use fresh pumpkin cooked down? I can't stand canned pumpkin and I always cook mine from the carved pumpkins.
    So I used the eggs and oil and mine turned out more like the consistency pumpkin pie. They did not rise and they were a bit hallow in the middle lol They tasted really good tho.. I am gonna give it a second try.

  9. #9
    Member gaiatender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    59

    No added eggs etc

    Use just the mix as it comes out of the box, no additives. Ignore the recipe on the box.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Pam1111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    235
    I made the muffins Friday using all spice cake mix! Excellent even a couple of days later they were not stale.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.