Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhubarb Custard Dessert

Rhubarb Custard Dessert

1 package yellow cake mix
    4 cups chopped rhubarb
    1 cup sugar
    1 pint heavy whipping cream

Prepare cake mix according to directions. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 glass cake pan. Cover batter with 4 cups chopped rhubarb, sprinkle rhubarb with 1 cup sugar. Pour 1 pint heavy whipping cream over all ingredients in pan. Bale at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until cake springs back to touch. Cream and rhubarb will sink to the bottom forming a lush custard layer. Store leftovers in the frig.

Sounds really yummy!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    OMG! That's so easy and sounds terrific - Hope my 2 dwindling plants give me enough to try it soon!!
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
    1 package yellow cake mix
    4 cups chopped rhubarb
    1 cup sugar
    1 pint heavy whipping cream

Prepare cake mix according to directions. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 glass cake pan. Cover batter with 4 cups chopped rhubarb, sprinkle rhubarb with 1 cup sugar. Pour 1 pint heavy whipping cream over all ingredients in pan. Bale at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until cake springs back to touch. Cream and rhubarb will sink to the bottom forming a lush custard layer. Store leftovers in the frig.
    As I've said before - I miss rhubarb!! Too expensive here - drat! I added more rhubarb cause I really really like it. Yes this is a very good recipe.

I wrote that one down. Thank you!

PurplePassion, that is the recipe I have been using and it has been requested every spring and even in place of a birthday cake.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie View Post
    OMG! That's so easy and sounds terrific - Hope my 2 dwindling plants give me enough to try it soon!!
    I have cut the recipe in half ; it's enough for just a couple of people.

Sounds so good. Unfortunately, DH is prone to kidney stones, so no rhubarb for us.

What? no eggs? I thought Custard always had eggs! I haven't had custard in years because I can't have eggs.
    This looks delicious. Grow little Rhubby, grow!! (it's early spring for us, it's still "cute" and about 2" high. )
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    What? no eggs? I thought Custard always had eggs! I haven't had custard in years because I can't have eggs.
    This looks delicious. Grow little Rhubby, grow!! (it's early spring for us, it's still "cute" and about 2" high. )
    Well there would be eggs in the cake mix. But you could scrape that off and just eat the rhubarb custard on the bottom.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast