Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2018j >

What are we organizing today (2018j

What are we organizing today (2018j

Old 08-22-2018, 01:05 PM
Power Poster

I'm sitting in our business office trying to make sense of a gazillion paid receipts that need to be put away...if only I would do it in a timely manner!
Old 08-23-2018, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I'm sitting in our business office trying to make sense of a gazillion paid receipts that need to be put away...if only I would do it in a timely manner!

I feel your pain...

Rob
Old 08-23-2018, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Yes, a timely manner is helpful to keep the filing bug away. LOL!

I have designated Friday for bill pay and filing. It usually takes about 20 minutes and it's done for the week. Plus my sewing table is clear for the weekend. I get overwhelmed when papers/bills pile up.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Oh 20 minutes would be so nice so easy. I usually spend 8-10 hours twice a week just in bill paying and accounting. I also do advertising for our business so am keeping track of ad information all the time. Back to the grist mill!
Old 08-24-2018, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
it’s amazing how work tables turn into “stuff” tables... good for you for deciding to tackle it. One thing I found helpful was finding a box that was large enough to hold all the stuff that had become a permanent fixture on my main work tables. Some things had never been assigned a home and that was why they were floating around my horizontal surfaces for all those years. Having a box that could be their tempoary home while I put away the things that did have designated spots helped make the task a little less overwhelming. I still have a layer of detritus that seems to want to float around my studios, but it is gradually getting smaller as I find spots for those items. And by having a box to put it in I can quickly clear my work tables when I need a large surface.

Rob
The box is a good idea. Then you burn the box, right?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mitty View Post
The box is a good idea. Then you burn the box, right?
LOLOL!!! Good thing I'd just set my coffee cup down

Rob
Old 08-28-2018, 10:59 AM

I did tackle my work table over the weekend. I was hoping I'd find something really funny under all that stuff that I could share here, but I was disappointed. It was all scraps and sketches and clothes I'd meant to alter and 500 pairs of reading glasses (really there were seven). The closest thing to funny was a one-pound bag of cinnamon. Now, why do I have a one-pound bag of cinnamon, you ask? I have no idea, but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time.

I still have some things in the box that don't have homes, but now I have use of the table and can shove the box under the table and ignore it for as long as possible, secure in the knowledge that there's not really anything important in it. And likewise secure in the knowledge that there's not anything embarrassing in it, now that I've gotten rid of the cinnamon.

Thanks for the encouragement, Rob!
Old 08-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

A # of cinnamon, huh? Maybe applesauce cinnamon scented ornaments?

I've got a sink full of cucumbers waiting to be turned into sweet pickles!
Old 08-29-2018, 03:29 AM

That sounds great, though I would end up eating half the cucumbers before I got to pickling them myself. If you want to make cinnamon sweet pickles you know where to go for your supply!
Old 09-03-2018, 06:18 AM

Cinnamon? I remember making cinnamon and white glue dough to make ornaments in my classroom. Smelled great! We have a boathouse here (really just a big shed). It has a bunch of big bins in it from our move three years ago labeled crafts and fabric and go through. I started working there in earnest two days ago and am headed out there again soon. Really haven't found any treasures yet and am trying hard to be ruthless. Will sew this afternoon as a reward (or nap if my energy is zapped).....
This space really needs to just hold outdoor stuff. Would really make the hubby happy.
Wish me luck!