Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2018j >

What are we organizing today (2018j

What are we organizing today (2018j

Old 09-24-2018, 01:34 AM

Rob—sounds like quite the job to make the pool noodle covers , but I’m guessing it keeps them from getting creased in storage. Your tagging method sounds helpful.

Oksew—- bravo! That’s a lot of cutting and organizing . Yes it feels great, huh? Not the shoulder and wrist, but the accomplishment !

Last edited by zozee; 09-24-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Rob—sounds like quite the job to make the pool noodle covers , but I’m guessing it keeps them from getting creased in storage. Your tagging method sounds helpful.

Oksew—- bravo! That’s a lot of cutting and organizing . Yes it feels great, huh? Not the shoulder and wrist, but the accomplishment !
Zozee, it goes pretty quickly since I use the noodle to get a general length and width measurement on the muslin and rip it to size, then use the quilt wrapped noodle to do the same for the quilt bag. No fancy sewing since I don’t do a casing for the ties, just wrap them around the outside of the quilt bag.

Rob
Old 09-29-2018, 08:26 AM

Today I am going to tackle the corner of my studio where I have piled all the sorting trays, excess boxes and bins that I’ve kept just because they might be good for small parts, etc. and either find a space to put them or let them go.

Rob
Old 09-29-2018, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

I cleaned off the top of my ironing surface this past week...what a joy to have it when I repaired Farmer OK's jeans and now can use it for quilting. Off to the sewing room and a basket quilt I am making mostly from scraps.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:23 AM

hey I am so glad I scrolled down further, so glad you got another link up!! ok all of you have great ideas, I really need to write on MY list!! from one of the lists get off facebook! you are soooo right, nothing much good on there now. but places like this, all free sewing, allfreecrochet and those other links yeah! anyway heres my list for the month, and bty reason why so messy here , I have had 1. broken wrist in may 2 got asthama allergies issues, so been quite under the weather for about 5 months, haven't felt like doing anything. But today I am up and raring to go.
1. sewing room is a disaster, pace myself, one corner at a time, organize and arrange sewing table the little drawer under the sewing table
2 the fabric on the shelves, regroup reorganize, in so much disorder
3 I have the thread holders, rearrange & reorganize them and the shelves below
4 the books & patterns, reorganize & regroup. some I haven't used in many years, should I throw away or give away? I think I already know the answer but tell me anyway.
5 the plastic bags I am accumulating to make the homeless bag mats find a place for them, they are in the middle of the floor right now.
6the excess, sort them what needs to be thrown away, close the eyes and do so.
this isn't for the sewing but is in sewing room, genealogy stuff reorganize, put them in file cabinets alphabetically and get to them later. that

thats a weeks worth of work!!!!
Old 10-04-2018, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by themachinelady View Post
Silly Susan, please see my post about needing fabric, etc.

[email protected]
Yes, I will send you some. Do you need small pieces? What about a bundle of 8" squares? Send your address and I'll get them ready for y'all. We little old ladies have to stick together!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:37 AM

people I rechecked all of this link here, you all do have fantastic ideas.one was those tubs, I have some laying around, so laying them on their side is better? I will give that a try. I do have some of those old milk crates I have used too. I just have to regroup, reorganize. I have been so long out of the loop, I just want to get back in & go for it! thanks for the ideas ladies!!
Old 10-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by themachinelady View Post
All of your organizing tips sound great, I just need to put them to use ha ha. Right now I am cutting up some scraps trying to utilize ever scrap of fabric for our small guild to use.

If any of you have any extra fabric from your organization and purging, please keep our small quilt club I mind, I must tell you up front we don't even have any funds to pay for shipping. As I have stated before on this board, we are all elderly and on very limited incomes, but we try to make quilts for people who lose their homes and possessions to fire as well as quilts for the children's hospital, so it is a challenge for sure, and nothing goes to waste
if we can help it. We are all too old to hold fundraisers any longer, the last quilt show we had, if it hadn't been for a member's daughter who lives out of town, we would have never made it and that has been probably six or more years ago. so you can imagine our ages, but we still keep trying.

So if anyone has any spare quilting material, or quilting supplies please keep us in mind for any donations, and if you will send me a private message I will get back to you with address for shipping and thank you so very very much.

[email protected]
OK, machine lady, I emailed, I think, but I don't know if you received it. I said "yes" about the scraps, but I haven't heard from you. In the meantime, someone else contacted me and I thought it was you. Please contact me again with a PM so I can get this straightened out. ... Thanks!
Old 10-05-2018, 04:28 PM

well I started today, I got a lot accomplished. still have a way to go though
Old 10-05-2018, 05:12 PM

Psychomomquilter: Welcome to this thread. I really like my tubs on the side because I can keep them covered so it doesn't look so messy. The covers are just leaning against the tubs. I really need to put a sticky note on each cover so I know what colors are in which container.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 10-05-2018 at 05:15 PM.