Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: What are we organizing today (2018j

Way to go, Battle Axe! The cabinets look great! Enjoy them and the new organization in the office!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    Rob, just checking in to see if you're feeling better. I hope so!
    Thanks, SusieQOH. I’m still not 100%, but am doing much better. Tests showed that my gall bladder is not working as is most likely the cause of the pain, so it’s coming out on Jan. 4. Until then I’m trying to be careful about what I eat- do not want to set off another attack!

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Quote Originally Posted by rryder View Post
    Thanks, SusieQOH. I’m still not 100%, but am doing much better. Tests showed that my gall bladder is not working as is most likely the cause of the pain, so it’s coming out on Jan. 4. Until then I’m trying to be careful about what I eat- do not want to set off another attack!

Rob
    Rob, glad to hear they know what is going on. You will feel so much better when they remove it. And I'm glad you're feeling better.

ibadmin
    Okidoki.. got it

Today I am going to spend some time reclaiming the work surfaces in my office- they have somehow gotten completely buried under a layer of papers, books l have listed on eBay, books I am planning to list on eBay, info on quilt shows I plan to enter, various bits of mail that I couldn’t decide what to do with, etc. And I am going to look for something to donate, sell or trash- it shouldn’t be difficult

After that I’m going to write a quilting/gift making/project to do list with task goals for each. I’m hoping that putting this info on paper rather than trying to keep it in my head will help me make decisions and actually get moving on some projects that have been stalled due to the pinball brain I get every time I look at everything that is in progress in my studio right now.

Rob
    Last edited by rryder; 12-05-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Rob: I hope you were able to get a lot accomplished today.

I am still working on getting my sewing areas reorganized. I feel I can sit down and sew some at least now. Lol!
    Connie

Blog Entries
    need to do the living room for one thing, start decorating, then backj to sewing room, still needs mega overhauling (nothing to throw away!! ) so to just get the material in some semblance of order. I never got to do those tubs someone mentioned, now I got 2 more so that is also what is being organized today!
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

we had new carpet installed yesterday so when things go back they will all get a good wash/polish/sweep. Some might even get packed as we are house hunting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
    Rob: I hope you were able to get a lot accomplished today.

I am still working on getting my sewing areas reorganized. I feel I can sit down and sew some at least now. Lol!
    For me this is an endless process! I hope to get all the pieces cut for a Qsized quilt. Thought I was going to get it all from stash, but ended up getting another 3 FQ's of neutrals to make the connecting blocks look right. Hope to have this done before Christmas. Wish me luck!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

SusieQOH- thanks

Retiredteacher09- I did manage to get a lot done, including working on my list, uncovering my work surfaces, etc.

oksewglad- yes, organizing is an on-going project that I fear will never end in my case. Wishing you luck in getting the quilt done before Christmas!!!

Today I’m organizing my stash of Wrapping paper, ribbons and bows. Got a lot done yesterday- all the tissue paper is neatly stored in a labelled box and the wrapping saved from past years that is good enough to re-use (yes, I’m one of those) has been flattened and sorted into xmas, birthday and other categories. Today after I get back from the vet I’ll tackle thebox of tangled ribbon and bows.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rryder View Post
    ... saved from past years that is good enough to re-use (yes, I’m one of those) ...
    Rob
    more money for fabric LOL
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    I’ve been bitten by the organizational bug. Hubby is going to put shelves in my closet for Christmas and I ordered some comic book boards and have started wrapping my fabric onto them. One thing I noticed is that after folding my fabric in half again (to 11” from 44”) it is still to big for the 10 1/2” boards. Anyone else have this issue? I bought the boards off amazon and got ones that had a ton of positive reviews from quilters saying they folded in 1/2 which ends up being 11”.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Just keep the extra 1/2" - 1" on top.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8