Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-10-2017, 07:43 AM

Excellent job on your placemats. Stash busting AND a UFO finish in one. Congratulations and Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
I have a finish for May. I started these placemats for summer last year and ran out of fabric for the back of two. So they got put aside and never finished. I dug through my stash last month, found some fabrics that would work, and stitched them up. Then I sewed on the binding last week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572830[/ATTACH]

I should have another finish for this month. Just need a little time to finish stitching the binding on that one.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:47 AM

Ditto what QM said. Life has a way of interfering with quilting. You've not let us down. We're just glad you are back!
Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
Thank you, QM! I needed that affirmation!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:06 AM

That quilt design layout looks pretty awesome to me, well beyond my quilting ability. (I am much more into the piecing then the actual quilting).

My Provence de' Noir is making progress. All 8 (4 front and back sets) of borders are made 2 (sets) are attatched and quilted. So just 2 sets of borders and the binding to go.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:16 AM

I think that design is going to be fabulous Leta, go for it! I truly want to see this one finished. If you get real brave, use a little metallic for the circles and on the star points. Just a thought. That is if you are ready for that. It looks to me like you are. It would give some pop and in the quilt colors.

Yes, Janice, only one UFO, the baby quilt. I had posted the blocks and told you it was done. Daughter got a pic with the expecting couple so thought I would share the visual of the finished product.

My "squirrel" syndrome is kicking in. The garden is calling and we have some beautiful sunshine going on right now that I want to take advantage of it. Will get the tilling done tonight and plant the spinach, collards, arugula, and lettuce. This way when the rains come this weekend, will be all done and the weeds won't be staring at me and hubby will calm himself. He is the weed killer.

Love those placemats!!! They are so cheerful.

Way to go Janice, you can do it! Rah Rah Rah

Jaba, love how those boom swap quilts turned out. I see my block in there. I am with thinking our blocks should count as finished ufos if we see them in someone else's quilt. Yah, we can say we have another finish. HA HA
Old 05-10-2017, 01:35 PM

I am slow as well, Janice. But I enjoy it when I am slow and take my time, so that is what I do. It is low stress when I take my time. I get stressed when I try to rush because I mess up and get frustrated.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Progress report for me on my UFO. I've finally gotten my extra blocks done and QAYG quilting has begun. (Pic a few pages back.). I'm pretty slow compared to some but I hope to have them quilted in the next week. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
I am slow as well, Janice. But I enjoy it when I am slow and take my time, so that is what I do. It is low stress when I take my time. I get stressed when I try to rush because I mess up and get frustrated.
I also am a piecier, that likes to take my time in putting projects together, it's more calming when I do that. So enjoy the process. Happy Sewing day
Old 05-11-2017, 08:59 AM

I also enjoy the piecing and procranstinate when it comes to sandwiching and quilting.
The quilt I am doing this month.....the quilting is finished and now I need to do the binding...hope to have it finished and donated by next Friday.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Default May finishes

My DGD is here to help with post the two hand quilted finishes from April that will be counted as May finishes.
Attached Thumbnails quilted-wall-hanging.jpg   animal-quilt.jpg  
Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Leta, I think that looks great, not too fussy in my book. If you have enough fabric you could do a quilted sample- 1 corner would be enough, then lay it over the quilt to see how it looks to you.

Rob
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
That quilt design layout looks pretty awesome to me, well beyond my quilting ability. (I am much more into the piecing then the actual quilting).
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I think that design is going to be fabulous Leta, go for it! I truly want to see this one finished. If you get real brave, use a little metallic for the circles and on the star points. Just a thought. That is if you are ready for that. It looks to me like you are. It would give some pop and in the quilt colors.

My "squirrel" syndrome is kicking in. The garden is calling and we have some beautiful sunshine going on right now that I want to take advantage of it. Will get the tilling done tonight and plant the spinach, collards, arugula, and lettuce. This way when the rains come this weekend, will be all done and the weeds won't be staring at me and hubby will calm himself. He is the weed killer.

Thanks everyone!
Rob, I thinks that's a great idea for me to try the design on scrap then set it over the real quilt!
QuilterMomma, I like the idea of metallic thread as well... I'm pretty sure I have some, so now Rob's idea is working double-duty - testing the design, and testing my ability with metallics as well.
Kassaundra, I HIGHLY recommend Lisa Calle's "Divide and Design", or "Mastering the Mini - Wholecloth That Is" DVD's. I'm not affiliated with her in any way, just a super-happy customer. Her techniques make it SO easy to come up with design ideas, and then taking those ideas back to the longarm (or even your DSM). She's a great teacher!

QM, our garden is going gangbusters too - I already have bunches of little tomatoes!!

Well, gotta go for now - I have an interview in just a little while. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Old 05-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Very nice, cherry....my favorite is the cross stitch...sew cute.