Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 10-05-2014, 02:09 PM

I have left some Scotch Eggs and biscuits and gravy in the club car. I know its a strange combination but that's what we are bringing to our church group tonight. They want something from your family heritage. With luck I will have time to sew tomorrow night and get the rest of my blocks done.

kassaurndra - Would love the recipe, I'm trying to get back into wine making. I did it as a kid with my dad. Could you PM me the portions?

VickiM - Love the stars.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Kassaundra loooks good so far. the peels is that for the added yeast? like with grapes???
this just sound way toooo good to be true. a chocolate coctail!!!!!! wine no less. OMG. Please
keep me posted on this endeavor. Do they let you mail wine thru the mail???

Vicki love the white stars with your other colors.
If you want to try chocolate wine you can purchase it at the grocery store. At least I know you can at Fred Meyer and Albertsons where I live.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:27 PM

Finally finished last week's clue and now I can look at yesterday's clue. I told myself that last week's had to be done before I looked. It was so hard but I managed!

Judy, I really love my star. Thanks for helping me get them in a better A to E order and for your great directions and pictures.

I am now the proud owner of two homemade plastic templates- 8 1/2 and 4 1/2.

I am afraid I will lose a few of my star points when we assemble the parts. Oh, well!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Kassaundra loooks good so far. the peels is that for the added yeast? like with grapes???
this just sound way toooo good to be true. a chocolate coctail!!!!!! wine no less. OMG. Please
keep me posted on this endeavor. Do they let you mail wine thru the mail???

Vicki love the white stars with your other colors.
Peels are for natural tannins. I add wine yeast.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
If you want to try chocolate wine you can purchase it at the grocery store. At least I know you can at Fred Meyer and Albertsons where I live.
I live in the buckle of the Bible belt if you want etoh you have to go to the liquor store, my local small liquor stores have very limited supply of wine, but I have never seen anything like chocolate wine here. So far this year I have made cherry, raspberry, orange/strawberry/banana juice, and green tomato wines, and now the chocolate. I have been having a lot of fun w/ it. It's more about the fun of making it, I can always go buy wine at the liquor store, but making it is so fun and a great way to make unique wines.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Default #7

I'm all caught up.
Too happy sewing to cook today. There are Chinese dumplings , stuffed eggplant, and sake martinis in the club car.
Attached Thumbnails img_4615.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I live in the buckle of the Bible belt if you want etoh you have to go to the liquor store, my local small liquor stores have very limited supply of wine, but I have never seen anything like chocolate wine here. So far this year I have made cherry, raspberry, orange/strawberry/banana juice, and green tomato wines, and now the chocolate. I have been having a lot of fun w/ it. It's more about the fun of making it, I can always go buy wine at the liquor store, but making it is so fun and a great way to make unique wines.
Wow! I thought a certain church here was strict! We can buy beer and wine in most of the grocery stores and convenience stores here. When I was young you couldn't buy alcohol on Sundays and drinking age was 19, but that has changed now. I don't care for the taste of wine at all, I just thought if Lynnie wanted to try it she could buy some.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:35 PM

Wow! I thought a certain church here was strict! We can buy beer and wine in most of the grocery stores and convenience stores here. When I was young you couldn't buy alcohol on Sundays and drinking age was 19, but that has changed now. I don't care for the taste of wine at all, I just thought if Lynnie wanted to try it she could buy some.
LOL LOL LOL Drinking age here is 21, we still have "dry" areas (counties) where you can't buy etoh at all, you can buy some beer or wine coolers in convenience stores or groceries, but that is it, and liquor stores can not open on sundays.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:40 PM

............. When I was young you couldn't buy alcohol on Sundays and drinking age was 19, but that has changed now. .............
Oh my. I remember when the drinking age was 19 in Idaho. I went to WSU and for awhile, I majored in Moscow on a Friday night! and Saturday night, and quite a few Thursday nights... Rathskellers in Moscow, Disco time!!! lol..
Not that much into drinking anymore, BUT! I do have some delicious Caribbean Dark Chocolate Rum.. It's in the club car now! Goes great in coffee or with half n half! or on ice. or over ice cream...
Old 10-05-2014, 03:46 PM

It appears that some people are trying to get the rest of us drunk! Chocolate wine, sake martinis, chocolate rum -- oh my! It will be a wonder if any of us can sew a straight line tonight.
I dropped off some homemade peach salsa and chips to offset the alcohol. And will partake of the stuffed eggplant, one of my favourite foods. Thanks, all.