Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Ladies~I look forward to "catching up" with each of you in the eve. It is truly like we are all girlfriends sitting around with some good iced tea :).

I did really well today, drank a lot of lemonade (walmart brand crystal light) I can't it as water because it is almost totally water. Only one diet coke! WooHoo. I went for a walk around the track this evening, 9 laps for 2 1/4 miles. Felt good :)

Tomorrow may be a struggle~dinner at my ma-in-laws. Family from up north come every summer and beg for chicken & dumplins, peas, cornbread, and peach cobbler. Since DH and I are doing low carb, I plan to make a pork loin and baked butternut squash for us to eat before going over. We will just go visit and not eat. Hope that works :). Wish us luck.

Sweet dreams girls~

Amy
Old 07-06-2011, 08:58 PM

good luck, amy!! you can do it! just keep talking, then you can't eat, 'cause we all know it's rude to talk with your mouth full!lol

Gail--honey, my first grand child is due any day now. she's in position and mom is 1cm dilated. i am so excited! i haven't even met this child yet and i think i would be devastated if anyone took her out of my life. i don't think i can even imagine how deep that cuts, or how painful it must have been for you. there are tears in my eyes as i write this. i hope and pray they will come around and give you the chance you deserve. i am beaming all the love i can toward you. be strong, as you have been, keep believing, and find peace, without giving up.
i am losing weight. i am gaining control.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Xylie,
You are really motivating me! I have been stuck at this 40 lbs for 4 months, I think. At least it feels that way.

Monday I have my big doctor check up. I think it will be ugly as I have been in the hosp 4 times in the last 3 months. Plus, my INR is 1.8, so we are adjusting my coumadin. The only thing I can think up that would have messed it up is the glucerna shakes. I've been having 1 a day to help with my blood sugar spikes. they have eliminated all green things from my diet since the number is so low.

Motivation: Today I will stay on my plan, drink my water and exercise, even if just for 10 minutes.

Journal: What is my plan today, write it down!

Quilting: for 10 minutes I will do something quilty.

Do it! and Report IT! We need you for motivation.
Well,you did lose 40 pounds and have kept it off,so that's something a lot of young gals can't even do.Shows you can stick with it,and are serious about it.I think once you get going again,you'll do even better.That cumadine is some serious stuff.My hubby was on it too for quite a while and had to be monitored constantly.But now is off the cumidine,off the baby asprin,his 80 mg zocor is now 40 mg because his cholestoral is too low.And is off a bunch of other meds too.Just since we been doing the dinners.Amazing just how much our mental and physical abilities are tied to our diet.Look at Jack Elaine and his wife.They been eating right all their lives.And they been around forever,and still going strong.So,what you did to get the 40 pounds off,obviously worked well for you.40 pounds is a lot to lose,and even with your medical issues,you did it.So you are a role model for all of us.So,let's get going on the next round,as I like to call it.Let's get er done! Oh,I just saw on TV they now have "E-DIETS" where they "deliver the meals" and you lose 94 pounds.Sound familiar?Wonder if it took them 4 yrs? probably not!!! Our way is better and way cheaper!We already know how to "E-Diet"
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Thanks Nancia I can feel the love and I have come to a place in myself that feels that things happen for a reason even if we cannot imagine what it could be at the time. Love that gift of a grandchild every day they grow so fast.
Hugs
Gail
oops "I am losing"
Old 07-07-2011, 06:00 AM

Well, ladies, it is Thursday and I am off to a good start working toward my 10,000 steps. I got to 7500 yesterday! I met a friend and we walked one of the local park's walking and bike paths early this morning. I am at 7585 steps already and should be able to get to 9,000 today or maybe hit the 10,000 for the first time. Using a pedometer sure helps. No weight loss this week in fact a gain of 1.5. So my loss goal for the month just went up to 3.5 rather than the 2 pound I started with.

I am hearing such tales of accomplishment. Good for your. Walk strong, eat well and drink water which results in walking to the bathroom many times a day! TEE-HEE.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 AM

I'm wondering, since we are wanting to share more personal info about ourselves in our weightloss adventures maybe someone could set up something a little more private like an unlisted yahoo group or something.

That way it would be just those of us who want to share the challenges and we can invite others who are like minded.

Just a thought and can be ingnored if no one else is interested.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 AM

I agree. This open forum is not the best way to protect our privacy and information we may want to share that is sensitive.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I'm wondering, since we are wanting to share more personal info about ourselves in our weightloss adventures maybe someone could set up something a little more private like an unlisted yahoo group or something.

That way it would be just those of us who want to share the challenges and we can invite others who are like minded.

Just a thought and can be ingnored if no one else is interested.
I am game for a yahoo group too. If I can help set it up (if you guys want it).

Missy
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 AM

For some reason I keep forgetting to weigh in. Maybe I just don't want to see the numbers any more. LOL.
Last night about 9:30 I got a call from Life Alert, my mom had fallen again. She is 84 and lives by herself about 80 miles from me. Fortunately some people in her church went to the hospital and brought her home for me. She cut her head and the super glued it shut. Then about 1:30 a.m. my son called and his car had broken down! I had to get up early so I could check on my mom on my way into work. I am running on fumes, as they say. At least I am drinking water so far today. didn't have time to make my lunch or snacks, but will try to stay away from the chips and junk.

Mom has a black eye and the cut is in the eyebrow. She looks good, even with the black eye. She refuses to move in with any of us kids, so we are always getting phone calls because she falls and can't get up. Very frustrating, especially since I live so far away.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 AM

I am not sure how yahoo groups work but would love to learn! Missy I wouldn't mind at all but thats just my opinion.

scrapngmom I hear you on the running on fumes statement! Things are not calmer around here like I had hoped for. I did stay on track with my eating yesterday so that is a plus and I drank a fair amount but not what I needed to so that is ok.

Can I steal some wisdom from you all? Does any of you have experience with someone who you feel sorry for but at the same time wonder if some of the stuff they are saying could be made up or exadurated(SP?) so you will feel sorry for them and they get what they want? My oldest daughter finally had enough of this guy she has dated for almost 2 yrs and broke up with him or is trying to anyway. I have never really liked him(well I like him and feel sorry for him, I just don't think he is right or a blessing to my daughter)He can be very thoughtless,and kind of all about himself, can be kind of a BSer,tends to be racist or at least ignorant about alot of things which in my mind is where racism stems from, and a few other things. I tell my daughter how I feel and then tell her If she stays with him she has nobody to blame but herself. Anyway to make a long story short since she told him she wanted to break up he is whineing and begging her nonstop to give him another chance, texting me saying she is his everything he just has never had anyone teach him how to be a good boyfriend etc, etc. He also text my other daughter, my daughters friend that she has been hanging out with all with the same stuff how can I get her back. I have been trying to give him positive stuff when he says his dad calls him worthless and a piece of **** and how he never had friends till my daughter on and on. Well I am so drained from all of this because I always feel sorry for people and can't or won't be mean. I am torn and this is my question.... how do you know if what people are saying is true or they just want everyone to feel sorry for them and give them what they want? He is over the top and to be honest as bad as I feel for him (his home life is bad or at least wierd and he does make people want to pull away from him because he tends to BS and talk nonstop)I think he is kind of unstable. I am not sure if he is just a immature baby and think that if he whines he will get what he wants or if he really is clueless about why his life is like this. What sticks in my mind is everything he says is all about him, he is so sad, he has no friends, his dad is mean to him, he is having a crisis because he is so sad, on and on. I have tried telling him my daughter is just tired give her time to rest and figure out what she wants but it is still how sad he is, how she is his everything on and on. To make it worse today is her birthday and he wants to drop off her present. She told him not to get her anything when they broke up but now he has something that he ordered and can't send back because it is custom made. I know tonight is going to end up a mess and as I said it is still all about him and what he wants. Sorry I hope some part of that long rant made sense. I am just trying to figure out how to deal with him without being mean. After you get so drained from it you start to lose some of your tact and feel very irritated. And we all know my butt doesn't need the stress!!! Does anyone have any experience with some one like this?
Sorry I know this is probably not appropriate for this thread but I feel like I know most of you and there is alot of great wisdom here.