Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 AM

Welcome. TooManyUFOs. We are always glad another join us. It sounds like you need the ongoing support we try to offer each other.

MJ, Leg pain is scary. I've had several blood clots and that period of waiting is difficult. Add to my bleeding tendencies, it has caused some gray hairs for my doctors.

Missy, when I was doing craft shows, I never went without at least 40 shirts to start the season. I want to contact a friend who's still doing it and see if she'll take on some items for me. I'd like to use up some of my Christmas stash to make tree skirts. I have a flower made with plates and dishes that will sell well, too.

Jeanne, I'm so glad you are working closely with your doctor. My daughter who was the mother of the bride Saturday was diagnosed as schizophrenic when she was a teenager. My personal opinion is that she is manic depressive as it runs in the family. It was a trick get her though the teen years as comfortably as possible. She held up pretty well Saturday, though at one point in the clean-up I had to sit her down and told her to stay seated and only answer questions that we couldn't handle. Then I rounded up her children and mine and we got the job done. The groom is a worker! His Marine Corps training stood him well.

I had to go my mechanic's shop this morning and have him put the car on a hoist so I could do something underneath it. Lots of comments on his new employee. Men are such sexists!

Weight loss. I have no idea what the food situation will be like for the next week My GD never has been a big eater and I think she's watching what she eats more now. We'll play by ear and I will try to keep close to the plan and keep drinking my water. It's almost halfway through the month and I'm only holding. I need to get on it and lose those two pounds I wrote on the calendar. One you write it down, it's real!

I am losing weight.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning!
TooMany-You are very welcome to be here. We are all here for the same goal, losing weight and improving our health.
Jeanne-I don't get homicidal but I get sicker when I lose sleep. Also, when I'm in the don't sleep cycle I skip taking my meds because I can't remember if it's day or night. sounds dumb...
Missy-I would do 10 of each. What about quilted bookmarks? Just cut a 1 inch strip, put batting and backing, sew around the edges, turn inside out, and quilt. I'd sell these for $1 and make about 50. Different prices are very important! Walmart panel quilts, already quilted pieces with you adding the binding for $30, maybe 3 or 4, unless you have friends with babies that you can gift them at Christmas, etc.
I saw the cutest Christmas ornaments posted here. 2 yoyos with a sucker stick between them, a fancy button on front, and cellophane with ribbon. Another easy-peasy.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-136130-1.htm
Xylie-add me to your prayer list, My right leg is acting weird,
Jeanne...When I start to become symptomatic it is a very scary place for me. I hear voices that tell me to do things that are harmful. I also see what I call the dark angels. They are 7 ft tall and are mean and evil. Their goal is to to make me kill myself. Same with the voices. Sometimes I see people that are either not alive anymore or are in prison telling me to do things. So, because of this, at the very first sign of trouble I let the IMPACT team (the folks that I see everyday) know I am having symptoms and they either get me in to see the psychiatrist or the talk to my mom and let her know I need to be back in the hospital. I hate it but it is part of my illness (for those that do not know I have schizophrenia). So I deal with it and take my meds.

MJ - I LOVE the bookmark idea and also the yo-yos! Both are so adorable. Do you have a picture of one of the bookmarks? I would love to see what they look like. I think it is interesting that you showed me the yo-yo thingys cause I just bought about 400 yo-yos off of ebay. I cannot wait until I can start putting those together! Those will be so much fun and so easy to do! Thank you for telling me about them!

I hope all is well today! I am doing well and hoping that my Monday case manager (with the IMPACT team) has her baby in the next day or so. She is humongous right now and is not due until the 19th but she is miserable. So, pop that baby out Stephanie! LOL!

Missy
Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 AM

ok, what is to me, a funny story. yesterday i wanted to check out the fabric pre-cuts at wally-world and my husband wanted to go, too.a real buzz kill when it comes to fabric shopping , lol, so i put on a sundress and headed out the door. you know how wm has fabric and crafts in the back? and restrooms in the front? well, by the time i got to the pre=cuts i knew i was in serious trouble! my underwear was caught only by the rubbing together of my legs! thank goodness, for chubby thighs or i would have had to walk out of them in the middle of the crowded store! needless to say, but i will anyway, a 5 pack of hanes went home with me!
evidently, i AM losing weight!lolol!!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 AM

That is great. I once did walk out of my underwear in Las Vegas. They dropped and I was so embarrassed that I just kept walking. This was many, many years ago and it wasn't because I was losing weight, it was that they were so old the elastic just gave out. LOL. Good thing you were where you could pick up some new ones.

My office is casual and we only dress up if we have clients. My boss asked me to wear something professional today for a potential new client. The skirt I am wearing keeps sliding down off my waist to my hips. (I don't wear things on my hips, I wear them at my waist--Mom jeans, etc.). I guess I have lost inches even if I haven't lost weight.

Karen/scrapngmom
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
ok, what is to me, a funny story. yesterday i wanted to check out the fabric pre-cuts at wally-world and my husband wanted to go, too.a real buzz kill when it comes to fabric shopping , lol, so i put on a sundress and headed out the door. you know how wm has fabric and crafts in the back? and restrooms in the front? well, by the time i got to the pre=cuts i knew i was in serious trouble! my underwear was caught only by the rubbing together of my legs! thank goodness, for chubby thighs or i would have had to walk out of them in the middle of the crowded store! needless to say, but i will anyway, a 5 pack of hanes went home with me!
evidently, i AM losing weight!lolol!!
Oh what a great feeling to lose your drawers in wally world!! I dream of the day when I will be walking in the store and discover my panties are around my ankles. LOL!!!! Now that is one funny story!!

Missy
Old 07-11-2011, 09:41 AM

nancia, that is so funny. I can just picture that happening.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM

scrapngmom- we need to start a new club- the droppin' drawers!
boy, i bet the guy that found yours in vegas musta thought someone else REALLY got lucky! lolol
Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Nancia, I'd like a video of you walking with your thighs squeezed together through WM. Too funny!

I wonder how MJ's doing with her 'big' doctor app't today. I think she said Monday.

I'm in hurry up and wait mode. My SIL made the run Chicago to pick up my GD. He just called and gave a timeline hours later that I expected and a different location for meeting them. He kept saying Ruby Tuesday's. The location he described has an Applebee's. I'm going to the Applebee's, but I'm taking his phone number with me. Right now I'm taking a nap. Early mornings don't agree with me.

I just read an interesting thought. You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough. - Robert Blake We know what too much is, so what is enough??

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Judy
Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Well, for lunch today I sliced a white squash (I think it is called a patty squash, but am not sure), put a little bit of butter on top just for a bit of flavor and put it in a microwaveable dish and brought it to work. I will nuke it and add pepper and have that for lunch. I figure the butter is okay as we all need a little fat in our diet and breakfast was fruit and dinner tonight will be a big salad. So, I do need the butter (I love butter--no margarine at my house). (This is from when I attended WW and they taught me we all need a little fat in our diet.)
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Yes, we all need a little fat in our diet. A diet I did successfully years ago was 40% carbs - mostly from veggies, 30% fat and 30% protein. It's actually a very healthy diet. I think it was 10 calories for every pound of desired weight. At that time, I wanted to weigh 140, so I was allowed 1400 calories. 560 calories in carbs, 420 in fats and 420 in protein. The concept was protein adequate, but not protein heavy. Worked for me with some tweaking -most of my carbs in the first half of the day and absolutely no food after 8:00 pm. Your lunch sounds good - I love squash AND butter AND pepper. All three are favorites.