Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
I was wondering if I could join? I know that I am too late for the fq deal, but would still like to see if I can loose a few pds for July. Even though I can't participate in winning the fq, I don't mind sending one to the winner. I will try to start at the beginning next month. I just discovered this group a couple of days ago.
You bet you can join the support/chat here. We love newbies and you are certainly welcome!!

Missy
Old 07-10-2011, 06:46 PM

I was wondering if I could join? I know that I am too late for the fq deal, but would still like to see if I can loose a few pds for July. Even though I can't participate in winning the fq, I don't mind sending one to the winner. I will try to start at the beginning next month. I just discovered this group a couple of days ago.
Please join us, we all need encouragement and support.

Good Luck on your loss.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Missy I love the bags and the journal covers! I think they both would be a hit! VERY nice workmanship I might add! You might be going through Denver? If you do you must wave when you go by my exit!:)
Old 07-10-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Missy I love the bags and the journal covers! I think they both would be a hit! VERY nice workmanship I might add! You might be going through Denver? If you do you must wave when you go by my exit!:)
If I am going through there then I will make sure to wave at you as we drive by!

I absolutely LOVE those purses and the journal covers. I have been scouring the sales papers online to see if anyone has the journals on sale this week. I would imagine that they will be on sale soon because school here starts at the beginning of August.

I am working hard to develop a stash of items that I could sell at the craft fairs this fall. We do not have many of them and almost all of them are in the fall. PLUS making these things would be a great way to bust some of my stash.

Just a quick question for everyone who does craft fairs....

How many of each item I am selling should I have on hand for the fairs?

I am trying to get an idea of how insane I am going to have to be in order to make a buck at the craft fairs. LOL!

Missy
Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Welcome to the group. It doesn't matter when you join, and you can even be part of the group if you don't want to be in the running for the fat quarters. These are all wonderful women. Some post a lot, some of us don't. But we all care for each other. It helps to have the support and the examples of they all set.

Once again. Welcome!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:30 AM

hi, toomanyufos! welcome! you can join without the fq this month, and then next month you can start by the 3rd and get in on the fq race, if you'd like. you needn't send an fq this month, but by all means join in the discussion and encourage and be encouraged! we're glad to have you! you needn't report your weight to anyone, just keep track of it for yourself. we all strongly recommend you drink at least 64oz. of water a day. it really does make a big difference. also, you can use any diet you choose. we all answer questions, but purplemem is our host. so ask away and anyone with the answer or an opinion will be happy to share. smiling. our mantra is: i AM losing. and so, i am losing!(albeit, slowly and barely noticeable).
Old 07-11-2011, 02:22 AM

Good morning everyone. Welcom TOOMANYUFOS! We're glad to have you.

MJ I agree with Missy, you should talk to your doctor about your mood swings. I'm a little different than you, when I get manic my mind races, I don't sleep and then I get mean and violent. I switch from suicidal to homicidal and back again. That's why it's so important for me to contact my doc when I first show signs of cycling. The whole thing is scary. Thank God for meds!

Xylie, thank you for the prayers, I can really use them right now while we're trying to get me stableized.

Missy - I used to go to craft fairs but it's really hard to judge how many of each item to take. Some items I only took one of but most items I took several. The important thing is to have a nice assortment of things in different price ranges and colors. I think the purse and journal cover are great. If you're going to bigger craft fairs I would take at least 10 of each item if you are taking a variety of items. Good luck!

The doc did adjust my meds yesterday so I'm somewhat better today. I was able to get some sleep last night also. He wants me to check in with him today to see how things are going.

Thanks for all the support, encouragement and prayers.

God Bless!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:55 AM

Good morning!
TooMany-You are very welcome to be here. We are all here for the same goal, losing weight and improving our health.
Jeanne-I don't get homicidal but I get sicker when I lose sleep. Also, when I'm in the don't sleep cycle I skip taking my meds because I can't remember if it's day or night. sounds dumb...
Missy-I would do 10 of each. What about quilted bookmarks? Just cut a 1 inch strip, put batting and backing, sew around the edges, turn inside out, and quilt. I'd sell these for $1 and make about 50. Different prices are very important! Walmart panel quilts, already quilted pieces with you adding the binding for $30, maybe 3 or 4, unless you have friends with babies that you can gift them at Christmas, etc.
I saw the cutest Christmas ornaments posted here. 2 yoyos with a sucker stick between them, a fancy button on front, and cellophane with ribbon. Another easy-peasy.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-136130-1.htm
Xylie-add me to your prayer list, My right leg is acting weird,
Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 AM

Well, I got weighed this morning, NOT very happy! This is the heaviest I have ever weighed. I really need to lose on a regulat basis. I seem to diet for a few weeks and then gradually go back to my old habits of overeating. I have always been heavy and now my health is getting worse. I thought the support on this board would help me, so I will post from time to time. Thanks so very much for the warm welcome.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 AM

Toomany! Welcome! I can tell you what did it for me finally trying to stick it out was watching the biggest looser! This last season I watched the initial weigh ins and realized I was only 5-10 lbs lighter then the lightest contestant! That was my eye opener, I decided right then and there that I needed to change something!

I've been working on loosing weight since the end of January beginning of February, so far I've lost 10 lbs. I'm stuck right now, but I know this is the month I'll get going on it again!

Just remember to start small and that even loosing a portion of a pound a week/month is better then a whole bunch at once, it's easier to keep off since your body doesn't fight as hard to keep it!

I got up and did a full weight lifting workout this morning. I'm still hoping to find some time for a cardio workout! Thanks so much ladies for the support you give!