Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

I would challenge all of you planning to make the 3" x 3" blocks to make at least 1 additional set of larger blocks---6 is not all that many and the little 3 bys are great for making the quilt s fit together much better and be more interesting. But, I'll be honest and tell you that I had several people comment on Funky Chicken #1 that it wasn't fair....

It was fair, because there was nothing about it in the rules, but it is nice to have lots of the little ones, and some more odd shaped larger ones too. Thats obviously JMHO though..:D:
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Sandpat,
Thanks for your insight! I agree that the little blocks add zing to the project, and are fun to do. We do need littler blocks/pieces of fabrics to help fill in the gaps.
Hopefully we will have a great variety of sizes of blocks for everyone! :)
Old 01-04-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
I've been sitting here drawing chickens all night! :lol: Now that it's bedtime, I bet I'll dream about them, too! he he

That's all I've been thinking of ........Funky Chickens...........Can't wait till the weekend to get started.............
Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 AM

I just told DH about this new swap that is going on and he tries to tell me I shouldn't because I never made anything with the first one.... all I could do was laugh. Not only did he not get that this could help me make a bigger one in the end, but it is really just about having the friendship of the board and having someone that I can talk about quilting with. My mother likes sewing and wants to learn quilting, but she wont be moving here until late Feb and even then I don't know if I could do quilting if I didn't have all of you wonderful quilting buddies to push me along when I need it. I tell ya, sometime the sig. others just don't get it :-)
Old 01-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Oh, have I gotten the bug. I haven't sketched anything I wanted to quilt for a long time. Last night I just sorta was playing around and sketched a few details of things I wanted on my chick... well, she is a mature chicken and wow, it just sorta came together.

When I get to my camera and my laptop I will post a photo of my quick sketch. Now I need to come up with the jazzy fabrics and how, oh, how am I going to dress her. Can't wait.

Thanks, Sandpat for the comment on the 3" squares. This is my first funky chicken swap so I am drinking in all of the help I can. :-D
Old 01-04-2011, 02:40 PM

I have a great new pattern of funky chickens I have been wanting to do. This will give me the push to start it plus get something back in return. It should be fun. Thanks for setting this up.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

I can't wait to see what you all come up with...its gonna be a fun swap- I can tell!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by probles
I have a great new pattern of funky chickens I have been wanting to do. This will give me the push to start it plus get something back in return. It should be fun. Thanks for setting this up.
Are you guys making up the blocks? And does this mean that they have to be of chickens? Don't get me wrong - I love chickens. Sounds fun.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Hi Roxanne,
Yes, we will each be making up our own blocks to swap. But they can be other "chicken theme" things if you wish. Such as: an egg, a hen house, funny chickens like "Hawaiian Chicken", egg signs, 9-patch using chicken prints, etc.
I do hope you find something you'd like to make, and join in with us! We'd love to have you! :)
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

So...they have to be "original"??? We can't use say....blocks off of fatcatpatterns.com?