Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-12-2015, 06:32 PM

Joan thank you for sharing this post! I love authentic people....who give me the chance to truly know them! I connected with every word here. I am also a country girl at-heart!.....growing up in southern Ohio on a large farm. We kept some 50 head of white face cattle, milking cows, chickens and horses. My grandmother was my safe harbor....she taught me so many things that I will always remember....and when I think of her to this day...I feel thankful!! Especially, this week.....on vacation....where it is hot, sticky and humid, not much different from being at home.However at home I could be doing all the things I love to do....making blocks, sour pickles, canning tomatoes and sitting on the porch with my grand children laughing remembering the events of the past few days and making memories.

Thank you for the block you made me...it makes me think about how we all run around in circles trying to find success and happiness in big things....that we look past the simple things of the moment that touch us deeply. Today you are just as you should be....a feeling, caring authentic person that I am privileged to know.

Love the block....Bee

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
3 more finished for this group. Kassandra, Bee, Moon.. Probably wont get anymore done for a few days...just NOT in the mood right now to sew and we ALL know what happens if we are NOT "in the mood" Glad everyone is having good vacations. Hot sticky and humid in Missouri, shucked and froze 60 ears of corn yesterday. Grandkids helped till they saw the lst worm then they wouldn't have anything else to do with it!!. Took all 4 to see Minions movie yesterday and even the 2 years old behaved very well! Trip up to see my 90 year old cousin and take her 6 sacks of sugar for her hummingbirds...she said shes using a sack a day but it keeps her happy and active! The grandkids loved the birds flying around them...Hope they will remember these things as they get older..sometimes I don't think we are making the kinds of memories with our kids like we grew up making and its sad...so much craziness in this country now days...glad Im a "country" girl at heart!! sorry..but in a blah mood and think its either time for a nap or time for a drink!! And Jaba, sorry but I guess I didn't read the "light colors in fabric"...just read it as colors in fabric. wish I had more fabric to make you more but I used every bit of your fabric...sorry..
Old 07-12-2015, 06:37 PM

Ladies love all the blocks.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:39 PM

Let's see your blocks LJ, purty please.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:25 PM

Not a problem Joan, I've probably done it myself! It was just a reminder for everyone because I have had 3 or 4 PM's asking if I really meant lights. I haven't been doing corn yet in Wyoming, but apricots this week, lots of jam that is wonderful..at least I think so and hubby too and trying to finish quilts for the County Fair. If you're like me, I love spending time with the grandkids but it sure makes me tired. Guess it's a "what I use to do in 3-4 hours takes me all day".
Have an all day trip tomorow with my Dad. Have to drive him to Montana to the eye doctor, they think they can help him from loosing his sight...it has been fading rather quickly. Will be a very long day but so worth it to spend time with him.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:54 PM

Well I had the chance to make one more so I did.

Jaba,
This one is for you I enjoyed working with your fabric and I'm not ashamed to say "light colors" were a challenge for me I worked extra hard choosing and re-choosing fabrics for your blocks I hope the pink I used in the beignet group is not to dark or bright for you it does match the darkest pink in the roses.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524999[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jaba3.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Joan thank you for sharing this post! I love authentic people....who give me the chance to truly know them! I connected with every word here. I am also a country girl at-heart!.....growing up in southern Ohio on a large farm. We kept some 50 head of white face cattle, milking cows, chickens and horses. My grandmother was my safe harbor....she taught me so many things that I will always remember....and when I think of her to this day...I feel thankful!! Especially, this week.....on vacation....where it is hot, sticky and humid, not much different from being at home.However at home I could be doing all the things I love to do....making blocks, sour pickles, canning tomatoes and sitting on the porch with my grand children laughing remembering the events of the past few days and making memories.

Thank you for the block you made me...it makes me think about how we all run around in circles trying to find success and happiness in big things....that we look past the simple things of the moment that touch us deeply. Today you are just as you should be....a feeling, caring authentic person that I am privileged to know.

Love the block....Bee
Bee you are always so sweet in the way you read and respond to our posts particularly when one is out of sorts. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge those moments in time with the care that you do.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:16 PM

I would love to post pic. I just cant seem to do it. I can post pictures on facebook with my ipad,that's it. Trying to have my son and hubby to help me. We will see.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
I would love to post pic. I just cant seem to do it. I can post pictures on facebook with my ipad,that's it. Trying to have my son and hubby to help me. We will see.
I don't know if its the same but when I post using my phone I have to be in the advanced section and use the paper clip not the picture frame
Old 07-13-2015, 04:18 AM

LJ, if you right click on your pictures in facebook and save the pics to your computer, you could send them to one of us in an e-mail and we could post them for you.
Or if anyone here is your friend on facebook, they can save and post the pics for you.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:17 AM

Beautiful block Billi, just what I had in mind. Thank you. Have a long drive today with my Dad. His sight is fading very rapidly and the doctors think a new procedure will help. They are giving him shots in his eyes??? never heard of such a thing have any of you? Just sounds scary to me, been driving me nuts for 3 days