BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-26-2016, 02:21 AM

I have 4 cats, but they're not allowed in my craft/sewing room. There's a remote chance that a strand of cat hair might get transferred from (say) my shirt to my quilting fabric, but I try to keep a close watch. Many of the items I sew will be for sell at craft fairs in the fall/winter, so I try to keep my fabric as clean and odor-free as possible. Non-smoking home.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:50 AM

No cats, no dogs, no smoking, no drinking ......dull old place around here. I guess my vice is fabric and food.
GramE, I love your block! Sure glad you got that mystery splinter taken care of.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:55 AM

It's hasn't been a problem in this swap. Hubby always goes through the wall hanging or mug rug swap to get the kitty hair off and so far it has worked just fine. Most of the time my partner's have been aware so that helps. Allergies, etc. are the pits sometimes.
And just to remind everyone, I'm not very adapt at posting from my phone so may not be on the internet much for the next couple of weeks. Going to meet the new grand daughter so will introduce her to all of you when I get home.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jaba
It's hasn't been a problem in this swap. Hubby always goes through the wall hanging or mug rug swap to get the kitty hair off and so far it has worked just fine. Most of the time my partner's have been aware so that helps. Allergies, etc. are the pits sometimes.
And just to remind everyone, I'm not very adapt at posting from my phone so may not be on the internet much for the next couple of weeks. Going to meet the new grand daughter so will introduce her to all of you when I get home.

Enjoy every minute! I know I would.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:56 AM

The only animals I have are the ones on the Patch Pal quilts... Not allergic to anything either that I know of.. I loved the penguin when it was done..put yellow borders on it...now to finish the owl, cat and turtle and wait for the next pattern to come out! Jaba...cant wait to see pictures of your grandbaby.. my "last" grandson has grown so darn fast in 3 years...its amazing the changes in them from baby to toddler to pre teen...I love every minute of it!!
Old 07-26-2016, 06:38 AM

Jaba enjoy! I am not allergic to anything so I am good. I have a smoke free home,no cats,but I have a 5 pound pomerian dog. She doesn't get into anything I am doing.Been in lots of swaps and no one has said anything about having problems with my swaps.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Enjoy that grandbaby, Jaba! Know you'll have a great time.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:54 AM

Whoa, how did I not know this!?!? I've got two cats but I generally keep them out of my sewing area. My Boom work is done in a room they seldom frequent but the old one in particular is quite sneaky. I'll have to be careful to keep her out. Geez, wouldn't want to trigger an allergic reaction! Good heavens.

OK folks, 5 days and counting. Sign-ups close promptly at 11:59 pm on Sunday, 7/31. The time is now for fence-sitters to declare themselves. Also, anybody currently in the 3 month group who definitely wants to pick up the 2 month group, please speak up very soon. Thanks.

I'm off again...I'll check back on Thursday.

Originally Posted by jaba
Old 07-26-2016, 02:28 PM

Jaba -- I have three cats. I washed, dried, cut and bagged the fabric in one time block. The cats were no where around during this process but do whatever you have to do to my fat eighth to stop an allergy attack before it starts. I routinely clean my cutting area prior to using it but one never knows if a stray cat hair is waiting for me to turn my back.

Congrats on the new grandchild!! Such an exciting time for you and your family.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:56 PM

Jaba have a wonderful time visiting that new grandbaby. Nothing more special then grandkids. I don't smoke or have a kitty anymore but love a good Margarita and light fruity drinks. Just made some friends Margarita mug rugs and have had several more requests for them as well as one for a guitar theme, a vintage camping trailer and a boat captain insignia. They all know I love making them but I have to stay home more then 24 hours at a time to embroider them. Went to Bay Windiw Quilts in Perham Mn It is a great shop, lots of fabrics to pick from and a good size clearance area. My sister bought a lot of fun kids flannel and I found a new pattern for 3 1 yard pieces cut into 2.5" strips. Of course I had to buy yardage to give it a try. Heading back to lake tomorrow.