BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-30-2016, 06:25 PM

Seasaw live your quilt it looks three dimensional

Sewbiz beautiful block and love your floral fabric, I have a real love for florals.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:54 PM

Sea your quilt is beautiful. I've never seen that pattern before I bet it does very well at your auction.
mmmm can non family member bid?????? I mean just askin' we could sure use some rain......but whats new?

Sewbiz lovely block you did great. I don'y think yellow is a cool color but I do love blue and yellow together.

Molly Oh thanks for the info we don't have a lot of tractor supply stores but I do have a harbor freight.

y'll have a good Saturday evening.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:31 AM

Default Boom 17 closes tonight.

Last day to sign-up. If anyone is interested, please see post #1 for instructions on how to join the group. We're ready to get rolling on Boom 17.

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-31-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:03 AM

Good afternoon, Boomers! As far as I'm concerned, the swap is essentially closed although the sign-ups will stay open until 11:59 pm EDT. I'm getting a head start. Anyone who has changed their minds about joining, please email me asap to let me know. Thanks.

The Gallery: Pix of fabric have been updated for Boom 17. I've been pulling pix as they've been posted and now they're in the gallery. Some of you have posted multiple fabrics so please go to the gallery, link here, and check it out. Please reply here ONLY if there is a fabric posted that you are NOT using. If all is ok, no need to reply. Also, although I went through carefully, I may missed some. If that is the case, you can repost them here or give me the POST #, not the page #, of the pic and I'll go and grab it. Anyone who hasn't yet posted a fabric pic, (like me ) you have plenty of time. Whenever you are ready, show us a photo of your fabric and I'll add it to the gallery.

Re Doubling Up: This has caused confusion, totally my blunder, so I'm going to make it easy on you. First, Topaz, the 3 month group, does NOT double up at all. Opal, the 2 month group, MAY double-up if you wish. However, anyone wishing to double up should simply send NINETEEN F8s, regardless of the number of people signed up. I will trade your F8s out randomly with others who wish to double up. EVEN if everyone wishes to double up, you will still send NINETEEN F8s. Nobody will make more than 19 blocks for the swap. Anyone who wants more may arrange side swaps as previously posted. All F8s should be in individual baggies btw. Please do NOT put two in a single bag.

Tomorrow I'll post group lists and Tuesday I'll send everyone an email with my address. That is the point at which you can start shipping your F8s to me. Remember to put tracking on all packages and send me the tracking number and also include $6.80 for return shipping.

For newbies, once the group lists are posted and emails go out, I'll set up individual threads for Opal and Topaz and we will abandon this sign-up thread. You should post to your own thread in general but you are most welcome to comment, post encouragement and oooh and ahhhh over the other group's posts. If you are in both groups, this does mean you will have to post to two different threads.

OK, that's enough for now. The waiting is almost over and the fun part is about to begin.

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-31-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:29 AM

Janice, I am not using the teal and stripe fabric. I am only using the space fabric.

Thanks,

Jeannette
Old 07-31-2016, 11:52 AM

scrutiny: here is a sample block...it's about as good as it gets with regard to my piecing skills. If it doesn't seem suitable...let me know .I can do a pretty decent job of appliqué...either needle turn or fusible[ATTACH=CONFIG]555000[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 07-31-2016, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
scrutiny: here is a sample block...it's about as good as it gets with regard to my piecing skills. If it doesn't seem suitable...let me know .I can do a pretty decent job of appliqué...either needle turn or fusible[ATTACH=CONFIG]555000[/ATTACH]
Beautiful!
Old 07-31-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thanks for the 'heads up' about the magnetic trays, Seesaw. Will check that out for bobbins and pins!

Well today I experimented with blowing up my FW 1930's patterns double size, and it worked! Here is a block I made that came out at exactly 12.5" square. Oh boy, is this gonna be fun. This is my fabric... the blue flowers. I think anything in cool colors or white will go with it great. Do you have any other ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554911[/ATTACH]
Lovely! I love the floral.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:32 PM

Got it. Will pull that pic. thanks!

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
Janice, I am not using the teal and stripe fabric. I am only using the space fabric.

Thanks,

Jeannette
Old 07-31-2016, 12:34 PM

Francie, looks great from where I sit. Just slap a 12 1/2 inch square on it. If it's the right size, you are golden! Thank you! And you can make ANY kind of block you want, applique or whatever. Totally up to you.
Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post