BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-30-2016, 12:59 PM

well the recent storms (every day here now) knocked out our phones & since the internet comes through the phone lines, well you get the picture.
But I'm back on!!!! Let's see how long this last with these crazy storms still going.
Glad to see some new blood joining the group and that Zebra quilt is a wild one but so fun, I love it.

Since I haven't sewn in over a year (more like 2), I decided to see if I still have what it takes to make a quilt. It's a bit of a struggles to do a whole top but I DID IT!!! here it is. It's for a family reunion coming up in Sept. It's not finished yet I still need to add a border but it's a start.

Dang, I hear the thunder rolling in again, I'll be glad when all this stops. We do need the rain but everyday is so not fun.
Attached Thumbnails raffle-quilt-top.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 01:15 PM

Seesaw, that is beautiful! Great colors, bold and graphic, it will be the hit of the reunion.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
well the recent storms (every day here now) knocked out our phones & since the internet comes through the phone lines, well you get the picture.
But I'm back on!!!! Let's see how long this last with these crazy storms still going.
Glad to see some new blood joining the group and that Zebra quilt is a wild one but so fun, I love it.

Since I haven't sewn in over a year (more like 2), I decided to see if I still have what it takes to make a quilt. It's a bit of a struggles to do a whole top but I DID IT!!! here it is. It's for a family reunion coming up in Sept. It's not finished yet I still need to add a border but it's a start.

Dang, I hear the thunder rolling in again, I'll be glad when all this stops. We do need the rain but everyday is so not fun.
gorgous quilt, love the colors.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:03 PM

Sea, you've still got it! Love this top.
Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post

Old 07-30-2016, 02:44 PM

Thanks for the compliments. I sure hope they like it because I'm raffling it off to help pay for some of the expenses.

It seems like I'm typing in between storms here because here comes another one. Dear God, what did I do wrong???
Ok the satellite TV is gone this time but that usually only stays out for a short time so I will type real quick.

What I came on here originally was to tell you all that I went to the Tracker Supply store this morning in Farmville and they had those little magnetic trays you can use for pins & things, 4 to a pack for $5. I though this was a great deal since most of the time I see them at sewing shops they want that much for 1. So if you have one of those near you, check them out.

Gee, I'm getting fussed at because the storm is getting closer again. So I'm out of here for tonight maybe tomorrow will be better.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the 'heads up' about the magnetic trays, Seesaw. Will check that out for bobbins and pins!

Well today I experimented with blowing up my FW 1930's patterns double size, and it worked! Here is a block I made that came out at exactly 12.5" square. Oh boy, is this gonna be fun. This is my fabric... the blue flowers. I think anything in cool colors or white will go with it great. Do you have any other ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554911[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02669-small-.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 03:54 PM

Love the blue fabric! I agree white or any colors that goes with the blue will look great. I like yellow with blue.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:15 PM

Sewbizgirl, lovely block! So cheery.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thanks for the 'heads up' about the magnetic trays, Seesaw. Will check that out for bobbins and pins!

Well today I experimented with blowing up my FW 1930's patterns double size, and it worked! Here is a block I made that came out at exactly 12.5" square. Oh boy, is this gonna be fun. This is my fabric... the blue flowers. I think anything in cool colors or white will go with it great. Do you have any other ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554911[/ATTACH]
Old 07-30-2016, 05:21 PM

Sewbiz, lovely block. I think the cools and whites will look good, that will always give you the option to add a small bit of yellow in a more controlled way so the blue flowers stay the "star of the show"
Old 07-30-2016, 05:53 PM

You can also get the magnetic bowls at Harbor Freight. I love mine. Seesaw, what is the name of that block and is there a pattern? It may have to go on my list of things to do.