BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-25-2016, 04:52 PM

I've spent a lot of the last week in the recliner because my foot was giving me a pain! I thought maybe there was a shard of glass or a splinter but my DH couldn't see anything. Until Saturday. Then he said Monday you are going to the Doctor. Well, turns out I did have a splinter, a dog hair splinter! Yep, a dog hair. He made a slice and scraped it out! Who'd have thought you could have a dog hair splinter! Just glad he got it out. But that's why I had so much hand sewing time last week!

Glad your mom is well, Terri.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
...You all might get tired of seeing the pictures when I do get them...........
Are you kidding this is adorable Joan I want to see all of them.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Love that penguin, and it's little baby. Too cute, Joan.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Well, turns out I did have a splinter, a dog hair splinter! Yep, a dog hair. He made a slice and scraped it out! Who'd have thought you could have a dog hair splinter! Just glad he got it out. But that's why I had so much hand sewing time last week!
Wow, who would have known you could get a dog hair in your foot like that! Glad they got it out.

This reminds me of a time not long ago that my cat was sneezing and wheezing in fits. When she started she would sneeze and sneeze. After about two days of it I broke down and took her to the vet, where he extracted a long blade of green grass from her nose! He said he's read about that in vet books but has never seen it, himself! Weird.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Wow, who would have known you could get a dog hair in your foot like that! Glad they got it out.

This reminds me of a time not long ago that my cat was sneezing and wheezing in fits. When she started she would sneeze and sneeze. After about two days of it I broke down and took her to the vet, where he extracted a long blade of green grass from her nose! He said he's read about that in vet books but has never seen it, himself! Weird.
Weird, that's me for sure! If it's unusual, I've had it or will probably get it! I am so glad the got it out too. Walking on glass or a needle isn't fun for long!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:53 PM

That's me for sure... that's why I always ask for you to tell me if you have a cat. They are pretty much deadly to me and hubby goes through the package first. I know I take a chance but really would appreciate a warning, RX is very expensive. Just write on your package please, cat on board or whatever.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
That's me for sure... that's why I always ask for you to tell me if you have a cat. They are pretty much deadly to me and hubby goes through the package first. I know I take a chance but really would appreciate a warning, RX is very expensive. Just write on your package please, cat on board or whatever.
Jaba:

I didn't know this ... I have 2 inside cats that assist me. They don't lay on the fabrics but they are in the room while I sew so I know their fur is on stuff.

Letting you know for the f8 coming your way since I don't know which package would be yours.

Flag me as a furbeast
Old 07-25-2016, 09:10 PM
lum

I will just be sending the one F8 for mine.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, I have a cat too, but she doesn't come in contact with my fabrics. I have them downstairs where my dog lives. The cat lives upstairs only because she hates the dog and he won't go up there. Hope you aren't allergic to dog hair!
Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Power Poster

I got my fabric cut and bagged tonight... 16 bags. If our 2 month group makes it to 20 I will cut some more. I just love the fabric and can't wait to see what you creative peeps do with it. Going to re-read the first post and see if I've crossed all my "T"s and dotted my "I"s. Also need to write my note. Can't wait to get started.