BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-25-2016, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Not wanting to be the one to squelch any creativity, but be careful when you are pre-making blocks. A member's vision of their quilt and/or their fabric requests can change multiple time BEFORE the owner sends their fabric. Just saying...

Also, just an FYI that I may be a bit unavailable this week. Anyone who wishes to sign-up, please do so per the first post in this thread. I'll get back with you later this week. Veteran boomers, if questions come up on the board that you have the answer to, please step in. I'll check the board but this week's shaping up to be a doosey. Thanks!
Absolutely true, but if Moonwork changes her mind I will gladly finish this block and keep it! lol lol lol
Old 07-25-2016, 10:36 AM

Wow ladies you are ready and raring to go Gram E beautiful block Kassandra looks like another fun and creative block you are cooking up. It has cooled down a bit here. Think I will head back to the lake late Wednesday afternoon, spend the night there and go home Thursday and pick up dog and head back to lake with my sewing machine. Happy to report Mom is doing well.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Wow ladies you are ready and raring to go Gram E beautiful block Kassandra looks like another fun and creative block you are cooking up. It has cooled down a bit here. Think I will head back to the lake late Wednesday afternoon, spend the night there and go home Thursday and pick up dog and head back to lake with my sewing machine. Happy to report Mom is doing well.
YAY TERRI, thats a lot of good news all bundled together.

how ready am I well I have all of the 3 month group bagged N tagged and enough for the 2 month group ready just waiting for final counts. I have Moonwork's block drawn up and a probable block idea for Joan debating between 2. Seeing the actual fabric will be the deciding factor. Oh and my sewing room is clean and ready to go so I got that going for me.

GramE your block is very pretty I see a beautiful tropical quilt in your future.

Way to keep us all on our toes Kass

Hi Joan pictures or it didn't happen :-)
Old 07-25-2016, 11:39 AM

I haven't "bagged and tagged" any fabric yet. I have saved some pics for block ideas, but none have been decided except moonwork's block until actually seeing the fabric in person. (and the turtle which doesn't count b/c it is an extra to test my pattern)
Old 07-25-2016, 11:39 AM

Terri awesome news especially about your mother.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:44 PM

Ha... and I thought the tie die would shake you up! Look at the planning already.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:03 PM

GramE - WOW! All those curved seams would throw me. Great work. What sampler blocks or colors would you like to go with that if you send the dark as an exchange? Remember, I do best with straight lines

Cheers,
MJ
Old 07-25-2016, 04:25 PM

Ugh...got a call just now that my quilt deliver wont happen Wed as she has an emergency medical procedure. Not sure when Ill get them now...NOT that I need any of them but anxious to see the animals done and to send the next 4-5 down to her...You all might get tired of seeing the pictures when I do get them! LOL..hope to donate them to a hospital or shelter when I get them all done...3 more to go...but heres the one I jus now finished..not a border yet but its pieced!!
Attached Thumbnails penguin.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Ugh...got a call just now that my quilt deliver wont happen Wed as she has an emergency medical procedure. Not sure when Ill get them now...NOT that I need any of them but anxious to see the animals done and to send the next 4-5 down to her...You all might get tired of seeing the pictures when I do get them! LOL..hope to donate them to a hospital or shelter when I get them all done...3 more to go...but heres the one I jus now finished..not a border yet but its pieced!!
just phenomenal, love this quilt.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
GramE - WOW! All those curved seams would throw me. Great work. What sampler blocks or colors would you like to go with that if you send the dark as an exchange? Remember, I do best with straight lines

Cheers,
MJ
i'm asking for WOW. But I might send a piece of the tangerine if I can get out & find enough.