Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Last minute Quilt along >

Last minute Quilt along

Last minute Quilt along

Old 10-21-2013, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
I'll work on this little scrappy quilt started yesterday.
Love it Debra!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 AM

Mdall - what's the ball ornament called and where did you find the pattern?

I joined you all late yesterday and did some unsewing and sewing blocks for a postage stamp quilt.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:08 AM

Thanks QuiltNan and DebraK for the information on the quilt name. I think it is lovely! I may try to make some placemats with that block.

I'm making lots of placemats at the moment (craft fair coming up) and have the whole day to quilt (a rare thing!) so if this is the still the location of the quilt along for today (as well as from yesterday) I will post my progress later. For now, I am finishing the piecing of a set of placemats using the Iron Quilter II challenge charm pack, and hopefully will be layering them, another set of mats and a lap quilt later today. If that all happens (big if) then I will begin piecing another lap quilt, a Carpenter's Star.

Alison
Old 10-21-2013, 06:02 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

beautiful projects! I took over the middle sz bedroom and made myself a sewing room a few weeks ago. Now, if I could just get back there and off the puter! My daughter suggested I take the laptop back there, but I'm afraid I would be looking at pictures and patterns still. Oh no thinking; I would be. Mdall, is there a pattern for the last ornie you showed? I love those and I would love to make a few for the family
Old 10-21-2013, 06:06 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

love this too it looks so fresh! and the grey and red, I see you say the grey is green? love it! going to try this in OHIO State colors for my brother and his wife. Big OS fans
Originally Posted by alisonquilts View Post
What is the name of this pattern? I feel like I should know this...but I don't!

Alison
Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 AM

I think I finished my[ATTACH=CONFIG]442460[/ATTACH] baby quilt, now wondering if it needs a border. What do you think? I love scrappy. This is 2 kids Charms and a half dozen jelly roll strips. Trying to use what I have on hand.
The talent on this board is amazing!!! I wish I was so talented. Love looking at the pics.
Attached Thumbnails smaller.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 AM

Good Morning or Afternoon depending on where you are. I know I'm late. One of the kids woke up around 11 last night as I was finally getting to bed and could not go back to sleep due to a bad dream so I went back to bed after they left for school this morning and forgot to set the clock. So, up late for me then had some picking up to do around here. I cant seem to enjoy sewing if there is work that needs to be done around the house. I think its the OCD, shhhhh dont tell anyone. Wouldnt want anyone thinking oh boy not one of those. LOL

So, here I am now and ready to work on my Twisted Tree Wallhanging. I need to finish up three of the rows, join all of those, then hopefully run up the road to my neighbors house and get the border fabric sometime this evening so I can put that on then start cutting those Twists. For anyone not familiar with anything dont with the Twister rulers, well once all the rows and border are on, you then use the ruler to cut all that apart again, twist the blocks, and reassemble. So, off to get started, hoping to have everything put back together by tomorrow afternoon, so I am ready for my quilting group Wednesday where we plan on working on the presents that go underneath. Ill post pics later.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 AM

I can join in today! Someone woke me up early( for me!), so I might as well get some work done! Wonder if anyone else will join us?
I need to make mug hugs for hostess gifts, and maybe a runner or two.Let's get busy!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:54 AM

Darn - wish I had seen this yesterday - might have motivated me to get some quilting done.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 AM

Charsuewilson, the ball ornaments are quilted christmas ornaments. I found the pattern and tutorial on you tube for them. They are a little time consuming but very worth it. Just google it and you are sure to find it.

Cherrio, the ornament you are asking about are Woven Snowflakes. The pattern is by Penny Marble Quilt Designs. You can get a kit from Keepsake to make 6 of them for $19.99. I just borrowed a pattern from a friend and cut my own stuff for them.