Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Last minute Quilt along >

Last minute Quilt along

Last minute Quilt along

Old 10-21-2013, 11:32 AM

frenchfryqueen, thanks for the link. I will have to give that a thought. I suck at making pretty much anything stuffed except for basic square pillows. thanks again. May just get one and give it a try. After all, even a misformed Rudolph is better than none. LOL

Well, the kiddo is knocked out and I am trying to pin all my rows together. The seams are not cooperating and lining up correctly. UGH Good thing I dont have a parrot. LOL
Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM

Well I did get to do some sewing today. I still have to put the outside border on this flimsy, trying to decide how wide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442496[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking about 3 inches so might be able to get that done tonight.
Last night I did get some more of my stars done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442497[/ATTACH]

After a little more sewing I think it is time to finish my tatting. Mdall hope your son doesn't have to do the doctors visit if you do just take some hand sewing with, I can send you some of my pieces for the GFG I have been working on for 15 months. 15 down and only 13 more flowers to go!
Attached Thumbnails dsci3398e.jpg   dsci3394e.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:11 PM

I am working on a lap size for my DSIL that has been placed on Hospice care - Its Pink
Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 PM

Dedemac, quilt looks great and so do those stars. Just remember the white one is mine. LOL Yes, I have to take him to the doctor and 7:20 this evening. I do have some beading that I could take with me but most likely wont. I hate going to the docs office. Seems like everytime we go there for something simple one of us ends up catching the tummy crude or strep. I really wish they had a sick room like my childhood doctor. Nope they just lump the sick with the well at this one. Only doctor within an hour of here so pretty much stuck with that one.

I have managed to get all my rows ironed and I am steadily working on pinning all of them together. I hate pinning but these seams have to match up perfectly since I then have to use this tiny square ruler to cut all of this up and then resew it all. I must have lost my ever loving mind when I said sure Ill participate with the group on this one. Oh well, I am going to count my blessings. So far this wallhanging has only cost me $7.00 for the pattern. All the fabric was free since I wasnt informed of this project till the week it started so my wonderful quilting group gals all cut a few extras from their fabrics they were using and gave them to me. Cant beat free. So, in the long run the whole thing might end costing me $15.00 once I get the backing and binding fabric. Not bad. Now back to pinning. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:46 PM

Mdall, If I had you for the swap I would but alas you are not my partner for the ornament swap, maybe next Year. If I could do a instruction I would but all my instructions are in Dutch and I don't speak Dutch. I was taught how to do them when we lived in Scotland about 21 years ago. Have fun with your twister quilt, I have looked at them but keep thinking way too much waste for me, and once I sew it together I hate to cut into it!
Old 10-21-2013, 02:08 PM

I've been ripping quilted rows out of this. I got 3/4 of the way done with the sid of the center and decided I didn't like it so me and Jack the Ripper are going to town.

Here is what I've named the grinch. Lol. It might be a Christmas gift for my sil since she likes it so much. I've started to despise this darn thing. It's been nothing but problems from day one.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is what I laid out during my monsters nap time. I hasn't cut my cream squares yet so my blank spots will be cream squares. The rest is Windsor lane charm packs. It's going to be a simple no binding quilt.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 PM

Well as promised I am here. Just got back from taking the kid to the doc. Decided to do my grocery shopping for the week since I was already in town and then had to wait on his script to be filled. Just a simple ear infection. I know for those of you thinking that was a long time for a doc appt. Yes, I know they were running over an hour behind and I also live 30 minutes away from town. If anyone is gonna be home tomorrow and sewing drop in I am planning on sewing then. Maybe Ill actually get this tree done then or at least caught up. One can only hope.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:24 PM

Time for bed here, I did get the border on the flimsy so that need a back now have to decide on that latter. Off to work tomorrow so no sewing until maybe late. Have fun and thanks mdall for the company.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:05 PM

Here is my finished, well almost project.took 2 days. The brown is green
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:40 AM
Power Poster

I love this scrappy

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
I'll work on this little scrappy quilt started yesterday.