Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 08-09-2015, 02:27 PM

The funky polka dot should give it a modern flair, be sure to show us when you have some blocks made
Old 08-09-2015, 05:24 PM

Here are three more blocks.

Mollymunchkin -- Simple flower basket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527362[/ATTACH]

Terriamn -- Port and Starboard
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527363[/ATTACH]

ljdugas -- Providence (variation). Really, when you cut part of the fabric incorrectly, not once, but twice, the block looks a lot different then originally planned.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527364[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mollymunchkins.jpg   terriamns.jpg   ljdugass.jpg  
Old 08-09-2015, 08:13 PM

Bibliostone, I love my block and wouldn't have noticed anything wrong with ljdugas's if you hadn't mentioned it. They're all lovely.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:09 AM

Bilblistone great blocks and love mine
Old 08-10-2015, 05:24 AM

Nice blocks Biblistone! I have been cutting and working on a Disappearing Hour Glass 2 for a couple of weeks. NEVER AGAIN!! If you follow the directions from Jennie at Mo Star Quilt and try to cut the hour glass in 3rds they don't always work with her measurements...wasted a couple of squares....then the stretching of the bias fabric was horrible to work with..PLUS the fabric I thought would be perfect for the pattern wasn't... LOL...Ever have a top you just want to get it over and done with and don't care if it ever gets quilted??? Its folded up in the top of my cabinet and will probably stay there for a LONG time! On to the next challenge which has NO bias cuts what so ever!!

Thanks Kass...whatever you did I love that block!!

Last edited by joanelizbay; 08-10-2015 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:06 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527423[/ATTACH]

I finished up your block this morning Moonwork. Sorry, I'm not skilled enough for stars yet.
I hope you like it tho.
Attached Thumbnails moonwblock.jpg  
Old 08-10-2015, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Nice blocks Biblistone! I have been cutting and working on a Disappearing Hour Glass 2 for a couple of weeks. NEVER AGAIN!! If you follow the directions from Jennie at Mo Star Quilt and try to cut the hour glass in 3rds they don't always work with her measurements...wasted a couple of squares....then the stretching of the bias fabric was horrible to work with..PLUS the fabric I thought would be perfect for the pattern wasn't... LOL...Ever have a top you just want to get it over and done with and don't care if it ever gets quilted??? Its folded up in the top of my cabinet and will probably stay there for a LONG time! On to the next challenge which has NO bias cuts what so ever!!

Thanks Kass...whatever you did I love that block!!
Joan Seriously was it that bad? I was considering making that pattern for a wedding quilt in aqua's and cream. however when researching it I found a blog that recommended starting with 7 inch squares and making hst's I was going to use that technique do you think it will make it easier to be accurate? this is the notes I found.

http://concordpiecemakers.org/wp-con...k_PlusMore.pdf
Old 08-10-2015, 07:57 AM

Classic, lovely block!
Originally Posted by Flowergurl View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527423[/ATTACH]

I finished up your block this morning Moonwork. Sorry, I'm not skilled enough for stars yet.
I hope you like it tho.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 AM

Billie Mine was the DHG2...its just on how you turn the blocks after you cut them is the difference between DHG 1 and 2...It was harder because of the bias and stretching of the blocks and if you didn't get the points exactly the same then it made the little square in the middle of the white block off...I think there has to be a much better way of making it then cutting the hour glass into 9 pieces and trying to sew them back together. It wasn't "hard" but you have to be 100% perfect on the cutting and then repositioning them that Im not sure it was worth the effort! It wasn't totally wrong just a couple of the squares would NOT match up no matter how many times I ripped and re-sewed and moved blocks around. I think the pattern would be prettier if it was done in two dominate colors. I used a Layer cake that had blues and reds, greens and blacks and none of them stood out as dominate. It looks more like a patchwork than an planned color scheme if that makes sense? The one she has on her tutorial is very pretty!! Don't let my inability stop you from trying!! LOL...we all have a block we just cant get a handle on..this one is mine!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:42 AM

PS Billie..I like her advice!! Shes right about the layer cakes not ALL being the same size. Thank God for rulers! My life saver has been the 4 1/2" and on up ruler!!