Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 06-26-2015, 02:33 PM

Jaba Beautiful blocks!!
Old 06-26-2015, 04:20 PM

You are so fast Jaba! Fantastic blocks! Love the one you did for me. Thanks!

Flowergurl your XS is very nice. All I could think was how much time someone invested in it. Great find!
Old 06-26-2015, 05:01 PM

Jaba, you are so precise and can keep everything aligned. Great blocks. Thank you
Old 06-27-2015, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
LOVE counted cross stich - loved doing and creating all the intricate pictures. But that was before arthritis. now I create with material!! Started matching my stash with the fabric, and then looking (again) at different block patterns until something calls out to me. But that got all interrupted. My DH decided to use the handheld steam cleaner to defrost our small freezer the other day. the next day my allergies really were bothering me, and today I noticed the carpet under the freezer was still wet. We pulled out the rug and it was filled with black mold. The rug under it was filled with black mold. Allergic to mold so my head started to spin and I had to leave. He has washed, and sprayed it with everything except bleach , lifted it up off the floor below and used the wet vac. Still can't get near the area, which means the entire living area. So sewing will be on hold here.
Of course I escaped to the beach with a book and enjoyed the sunshine. The local Brewery a mile down the road is having a band and serving tacos outside with their beer tonight, so I will have to go there for dinner. Always turn a bad situation to a good one!!
While, having a built in excuse for not being able to help and having beer and tacos on the beach for dinner is even better. Black mold is icky icky icky. Yes that is a technical term, hahahaha I hope TravelingGrandpa gets it all fixed soon.

where are you right now?
Old 06-27-2015, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
LOVE counted cross stich - loved doing and creating all the intricate pictures. But that was before arthritis. now I create with material!! Started matching my stash with the fabric, and then looking (again) at different block patterns until something calls out to me. But that got all interrupted. My DH decided to use the handheld steam cleaner to defrost our small freezer the other day. the next day my allergies really were bothering me, and today I noticed the carpet under the freezer was still wet. We pulled out the rug and it was filled with black mold. The rug under it was filled with black mold. Allergic to mold so my head started to spin and I had to leave. He has washed, and sprayed it with everything except bleach , lifted it up off the floor below and used the wet vac. Still can't get near the area, which means the entire living area. So sewing will be on hold here.
Of course I escaped to the beach with a book and enjoyed the sunshine. The local Brewery a mile down the road is having a band and serving tacos outside with their beer tonight, so I will have to go there for dinner. Always turn a bad situation to a good one!!

TG ...that's a real bugger for sure! Those kind of surprises really send me into retro-grade! Just think how much better you're going to feel when all is back to normal (I am not sure what normal is, but life is supposed to return there eventually ...so I am told! ).
Old 06-27-2015, 01:07 PM

Got swept away from the sewing room.....to pick beans from the garden! Heading back in this evening to finish TG's block.

Loving these beautiful blue and white blocks!

Flowergirl...nice find! And you were a nice find for it, too! I am sure the person who stitched it would love knowing it found an appreciative home!

Kass, you make me chuckle I can't wait to see what you will post next.....love your creativity. Your fabric is talking to me. Searching the world-wide Web for just the right fabric.

Love all the blocks -Jaba - you are fast! ...a high speed Boomer!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:56 PM

Glad you like your blocks ladies! Been sewing this afternoon, next week will be nothing. I have to finish getting my quilts ready for the Park County Fair...didn't enter last year and regretted it. Get some of my long-arm quilting requests from that and after all it pays for me to buy fabric. That's got to be a plus.
Anyway ladies, these were the next ones out of the bag:
LJdugas- True Blue Block[ATTACH=CONFIG]523647[/ATTACH] mollymunchkin- Turkey in a Straw( thought this would be the death of me)[ATTACH=CONFIG]523648[/ATTACH] LuckyALTZ - star and block and thank you for the deco pin, love it[ATTACH=CONFIG]523649[/ATTACH] Kassaundra-star puzzle[ATTACH=CONFIG]523650[/ATTACH] joanelizbay- split 9 patch...your stripes were a little bit of a challenge [ATTACH=CONFIG]523651[/ATTACH] and finally Flowergurl- Toad in a Puddle block[ATTACH=CONFIG]523652[/ATTACH] Hope these will work for you ladies. Done for today, going to have a little "toddy" and Bar-B-Que
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg  

006.jpg  
Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 PM

Yes Love Mine!!!! You are Speedy girl. I have to get going soon.Just had a request to make curtains,baby crib bumper pads and mattress skirt for my granbaby boy due in Oct. I had to say yes.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:29 PM

Thanks, mine looks great!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:12 PM

Love mine thanks, the star is great Jaba.