Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 08-16-2020, 06:00 AM

Givio!!! I love it!! Please tell your granddaughter the pink is perfect!!! Thanks so much!
Old 08-16-2020, 06:03 AM

Woohoo! My package from Rebecca came yesterday afternoon.

Despite my desire to rip it open and start playing with it, today I'm going to clean up after my Frolic work and get that ready to go back into the box for a bit. I got the extra pieces made and am finishing up putting each set of pieces/sub-units for each block into a baggie,

So Round Robin starts for me again on Monday.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Center to be mailed 7/1
round one to be mailed 8/1
round two to be mailed 9/1
round three to be mailed 10/1
round four to be mailed 11/1
round five (last round) to be mailed 12/1
Yes, Macybaby, this is the correct timetable for group 2. Group 1's deadlines are all 15 days earlier than these. Like so:

Center to be mailed 6/16
round one to be mailed 7/15
round two to be mailed 8/15
round three to be mailed 9/15
round four to be mailed 10/15
round five (last round) to be mailed 11/15

What gets confusing is when people decide to send early, and then the recipient has two sitting at her house. Please try to hold off and mail just before the deadline. I've been guilty of this myself... but will try to work closer to the deadlines from now on, so everyone in each group can stay on the same page.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:27 AM

Making progress this week...next to sew all 48 little blocks together...
Attached Thumbnails img_2275.jpeg  
Old 08-16-2020, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

Carrie, that looks great, so far. Love those little 4Ps.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:37 PM

Carrie - wow - such little squares and you brought in all those wonderful colors! thank you
how are you feeling? you still have the rest of the month so be good to yourself.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:16 PM

1. Still nothing new on the tracking for Bugaroo's center. I did finish Carrie's center today after auditioning several border options. I had everyone that came to the house looking at this quilt and this was the opinion of everyone that this was what looked best. Hope it will work for you Carrie.
  2. Not sure what to do here, I can send you this center TG if you want something to work on, you're the one waiting in limbo. Let me know
Attached Thumbnails dscf4131.jpg  
Old 08-16-2020, 03:22 PM

Wow, there are some wonderful additions in the last couple of days. I pulled some fabric for center( I can't remember who's I have right now, Ill have to go to the album) I have but haven't decided on anything yet.
I'm thinking of doing some sort of flying geese variation but that might change once I decide on the colors.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:40 PM

Jaba, I suggest you only mail to the same person each month. You've finished your round so early! Your mailing date is Oct 1 for this round 3 you just finished with carriem's top.

The top for travelinggramma doesn't need to be sent from travelinggramma until October 1, so she has a lot of time left for getting it and sending it on. We might want to be patient with the PO at this difficult time with the problems they have been having financially/covid19.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Jaba, I suggest you only mail to the same person each month. You've finished your round so early! Your mailing date is Oct 1 for this round 3 you just finished with carriem's top.

The top for travelinggramma doesn't need to be sent from travelinggramma until October 1, so she has a lot of time left for getting it and sending it on. We might want to be patient with the PO at this difficult time with the problems they have been having financially/covid19.
Yes, if you finish so early, please just sit on it a while, until closer to the proper mail date. That way we won't get so out of order with certain quilts done before others. I know it's hard to wait when something is finished and ready to go, but please do.