Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 08-04-2020, 04:28 PM

Mona, I've loved the pineapple pattern for a long time. I haven't seen the pineapple blossom, but it has the same feel, just more simple. It looks so nice!! I hope I see a picture of it put together. Your round on jaba's center is nice in the darker colors like that. It gives a look of depth. Great job!
Old 08-04-2020, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
SBQ, don't worry with my thumb/wrist issues I'll slow us down a little bit.

Mona, I love the Curved Log Cabin. I made one a while back for the day bed in our living room.
Hope your wrist gets stronger soon. Love your curved LC too! Very similar Fall colors to Mona's.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Mona, I've loved the pineapple pattern for a long time. I haven't seen the pineapple blossom, but it has the same feel, just more simple. It looks so nice!! I hope I see a picture of it put together. Your round on jaba's center is nice in the darker colors like that. It gives a look of depth. Great job!
yep, that's why I like the blossom, a lot less steps.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:50 AM

I figure if we are a bit ahead right now, that will give us a bit more time when we get to the larger rounds.

Jaba, my DH did get the floppy in the mail yesterday, but I forgot to send you the tracking, so I'll be doing that when I get home tonight - provided I don't forget again!
Old 08-05-2020, 09:34 AM

I made it to the post office today with packages for Rebecca, Mona and Mary. I'll have to have the hubby read me the receipts and post private messages but they were all sent flat rate and I'd expect them Saturday or Monday.

Our friend's husband is undergoing another heart valve operation as I type. He's been in the hospital all week getting him good enough to have the operation, so it's a good thing and we hope will give him greater life satisfaction. I need to whip up a quick few blocks between now and tomorrow for the comfort quilt. Group projects are always a dynamic to themselves, whether on line or in person. We started yesterday, almost got derailed last night but back on track this morning with a substitution fabric that makes most of us happier.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:29 AM

Now that I've got Carrie's center off to Jaba, I've started thinking of ideas for Mona's quilt.
Now I just have to be patient until it shows up and I can start picking fabric.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:14 AM

Macybaby - your center is on its way to MonaG. I agree with you that I would rather be ahead of schedule - just never know what will happen in next few months.
I have ideas for bugaroo but have to wait to pick out fabrics.
Carrie - again, no stress as center doesn't have to be to next person until first of month!(Although, I am waiting to see what you are doing with my center)
Old 08-06-2020, 07:22 AM

Just my daily I'm still here post Friend's husband came out of surgery well. Have the last of the fabrics prewashing now, hope to deliver the blocks in a couple of hours -- got to get sewing once I get off the computer.

Today we have a bit of rain and a drop in temperature. All I can say is aaaahhhhhh. I might even be able to spend some time in the sewing room in the afternoon, typically by around noon-2:00 it's already over 80 and only gets hotter as that side of the house is faces directly west. Did a bit of clean-up and putting away fabrics in there already, took the fabric that shouldn't be in my bedroom back to the sewing room. Still have a bit more ironing to do and a stack of mask making to deal with.

When I did my shopping this past week for the first time since February, there are actually disposable masks in the store! There were also supplies of hand sanitizers and wipes in various sizes (ok, prices are higher than they used to be but hey they are in stock). Mostly no limits or quite large ones on the masks and such. It may seem small, and I only go out weekly under the guidelines, but this was the first time in months that there were no gaps in the shelves and no limits and everything that you might want in stock.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Reba, I'm mailing a top to you today. Sent the the tracking # in a pm.

Ice, very glad your friend made it through his surgery.
Our weather also got gorgeous today. It's only about 70 degrees and much drier air than we have been having. I wish every day of summer could be like this.

Got all the granddaughter clothes sewn too, and will ship those off today as well.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:52 AM

I'll be riding my bike over to my daughter's house today to get some tomatoes from the garden. I like to do a 12 mile bike ride when I go, she is about 5.5 miles via the bike trails so I always have to go around the block once or twice to hit my 12 miles.
I'm about 45 miles away from my 200 mile challenge goal (bike miles are divided by 3, so this will ad 4 miles to my total) with 4 weeks left.
It's been very comfortable weather this week here also, so don't have to go out early morning, but it sounds like it will be hot and sticky this weekend.