Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Performance issues >

Performance issues

Performance issues

Old 11-12-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
I didn't notice that, but I have noticed that most of the time when I read a post and want to go back a page it returns to the day before page. Strange.....so after I post this and want to return to the forum list it will take me to yesterday's list. That doesn't happen on other boards.
I go down to the bottom of the page & click on Archive. It takes me back to the most recent postings.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:17 AM

I haven't noticed any down time since 'the change'. I visit at least 2 times a day.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 AM

I find it is very slow loading, or is it me? All the other webpages I have no problem. More graphics here than before. I am still learning my way around.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse View Post
Really? I don't have them, I only have the post icons for the title line. What do I need to do to get the smilies back?

Thanks!
You need to change your Message Editor Interface to Enhanced.
At the very top of the page, go to Settings>General Settings>Miscellaneous Options> Message Editor Interface and choose Enhanced. Be sure to click Save Changes when done. You'll then have lots of formatting options for replys.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:31 PM

I'm having a problem when I reply to thread. I use the quick reply and then I use the button Post Quick Reply. My problem is that I can't find my way back to the thread I was posting to. I'm logged off for some reason even though I didn't touch any key. I just waited and nothing. I'm still on the board but I have to go back to main and go through all the steps I originally used to find the thread I was on. Let me tell you this got old real quick! Any help here will be appreciated. I have searched help and FAQ but didn't find any mention of this problem.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 PM

I have been having a lot of problems with the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" myself. I have tried all kinds of suggested helps, and nothing has helped. The Windows Diagnostic keeps saying it can't find anything wrong. Anybody have an answer to the problem?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare View Post
I have been having a lot of problems with the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" myself. I have tried all kinds of suggested helps, and nothing has helped. The Windows Diagnostic keeps saying it can't find anything wrong. Anybody have an answer to the problem?
I have no answers for you because this is happening to me a LOT--3 or 4 times in an hour's session on the board. I do not have problems with other sites. I sure hope someone can let us know how to solve this problem. It is very frustrating
Old 11-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Default Script Error ALL THE TIME!!!

Why do I keep getting this message when I click on topics? Its really aggravating and is making it to where I don't want to read anything on here anymore. I get this on EVERY SINGLE topic that I want to read and does anyone else get this I use windows internet explorer....this is the message

Stop running the script?
A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly.
If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive. Then it has boxes that say yes or no. Ive clicked both and no matter what one I click my computer drags its butt through molasses and I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE....CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:04 PM

I have never seen this message on the quilting board, but I have seen it many times when my connection is slow. When we switched to the new board, it seemed very slow on internet explorer. I switched to Google Chrome and it is SO much faster. I think I will set Google as my default browser.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Power Poster

I get that message on Facebook - but I have never gotten it here