Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Performance issues >

Performance issues

Performance issues

Old 11-14-2011, 03:23 AM

Yesterday getting onto this board was horrible. It kept timing out the connection to get on. So, I gave up until the end of the day and it seemed a little better. I didn't get the error as many times. I'm thinking that their server couldn't handle the amount of people that were hitting the site at the same time yesterday.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 AM

Haven't had that one....thank goodness! Let me know how Google Chrome works for you. Mine tends to be kinda slow in loading, too.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 AM

i had problems yesterday also, couldn't get the board to load at all in the morning. later in the evening it seemed to be OK.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:05 AM

I am getting exactely the same thing on my computer. Reformatted today and it is still doing it grrrrr. It is not just happening on this site, I get it on Fcaebook and other sites

Last edited by rebeljane; 11-14-2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: to add more
Old 11-14-2011, 04:54 AM

I've been getting a pop-up that says - do you want to stay on this page or leave this page - I have to click on one or the other. This happens when I hit the back button after reading a post. This never happened on the old site. Sometimes when I hit "leave this page" - it completely takes me out of the site altogether.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 AM

Me too...Internet explorer problems...knocks me off. Can't load pictures when I finally get into that...Upload failed is all I get. It's so slow logging on and going from pg to pg if it doesn't kick me off in the middle...So frustrating and can't find answers...hope this posts...
Old 11-14-2011, 05:00 AM

Me too...Internet explorer problems...knocks me off. Can't load pictures when I finally get into that...Upload failed is all I get. It's so slow logging on and going from pg to pg if it doesn't kick me off in the middle...So frustrating and can't find answers...hope this posts...
just knocked me off and now says wait 30 seconds between posts...errors occurred with your submission...I'm pulling out my hair....
Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
The Script is usually from an advertisement. Quilting Board has no control over the programming used in the ads being run, however, it makes it no less frustrating.
Besides switching to Google Chrome, I also installed Ad Blocker Plus. Works good for me and I am on dial-up. I also have a computer literate husband that will help me with any problems I can't solve myself. I can also agree that yesterday seemed to be a slow day on the board. Besides maintenaince, maybe some of us weren't spending enough time at our sewing machines.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
You need to change your Message Editor Interface to Enhanced.
At the very top of the page, go to Settings>General Settings>Miscellaneous Options> Message Editor Interface and choose Enhanced. Be sure to click Save Changes when done. You'll then have lots of formatting options for replys.
Yooo Hooo! Thank you, ghostrider!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mayday View Post
vBulletin Message
mayday, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home .

WHAT IS SUFFICIENT PRIVELEGE???????????????
This wretched "new look" board gets worse, AND now having posted this how do I get back to it and answers

It may be that the thread you were attempting to view is no longer available. Or it could simply be that the system was having issues. I was getting that message most of yesterday. I just hit my browser's back button and continued with what I was doing.