Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one???? >
  • Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one????

• Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one????

Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Default Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one????

I have just finished two rag quilts (sooo easy); and am in the process of another rag quilt for my new granddaughter ....

but, but, but, I keep thinking of ALL the patterns I want to make!!! And techniques I need/want to learn (like *how to finish* a quilt, instead of making ALL rag quilts!!) lol

And in my other hobbies: counted cross stitch, knitting ~ oh, especially knitting. Have sooo many unfinished projects, it's not even funny A few pair of socks .... tops, etc. I think the only knitted items that ever got finished were a few shawls.

So, I am hoping to do: One Quilt At A Time!!!! So they WILL get done and not stored somewhere to be finished later (and sometimes, later, NEVER comes).

So, do YOU have multi projects going??? And, if so, do you ever go back and finish them???

Just curious I guess!!! And so hoping NOT to have unfinished quilts all over the place

jody
    Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 AM

I myself always have 20 or so projects going on at one time. I love to multitask between them. I do get all of them finished, it is just that I have to have variety in my sewing life. I sometimes get confused between them but it all works out in the end and I am never bored. I hide my piles so I can't see them and I feel no pressure unless I tell someone I am going to do something for them. Then I feel pressure to get them done. To make quilts to sell I don't have pressure cause it gets done when it gets done.
    Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 AM

i have at least 20 - 30 going now i like the variety and i get them all done some time.
    Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 AM
    Power Poster

I'm a finisher. I want to see each project to completion. I find it much harder deciding which project to start next.
    Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 AM
    Power Poster

I have many projects going. I do quilt demos and have projects in every stage of construction. With every demo I am closer to finishing a project. LOL
    Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM

I have several UFO's and many things I want to make in addition to all the things I have to make. Over the last couple of years I have tried to finish a UFO before I go on to make the things I want to - usually works out to 1 UFO completed then 2-3 others, then 1 UFO, then 2-3 others. I am really trying to finish all those things I have started.
    Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM

I have too many UFOs. I am making an effort to finish them before I start something new. There is always going to be something new I want to do. But I want to get these quilts done first. Before they recipients grow up or the fabric begins to look dated. LOL
    Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM

I try to finish, at least to the point of just having to quilt it. I have 2 waiting and am making another top. I'm in charge of charity quilts at my guild so I see how many tops get passed on to me because they have sat for years!! Good for the charity! Not so great for the quilters that start and have so much time & money in them. I think its' very individual but I get overwhelmed with more than 2 or 3 going
    Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM

I have two quilts and one table topper in the works, promised myself to get them done before going on to others, I take a breather if I bored, then I begin to want to get them done.
    Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 AM

I'm bad to start projects and not finish them in a timely manner... I'm juggling several at a time right now....