Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 PM

Tb lady, so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I will be praying for Teresa.
Looks like I only gained 1 lb during my vacation. I was expecting more since I forgot to take my support stockings. Maybe I will be down some after I get rid of all this water I retained.
DS's gf made Korean soup and a Chinese dish for dinner tonight. I could really lose if I ate that kind of food all the time. I need to get back to exercising. It's hard with so many people in my house. Maybe with the cooler weather now I can take Allie out for a walk in the stroller. I am watching her 4 days this week. Today she had her first kitchen sink bath. She really enjoyed it. Cried when I took her out. Have you seen the baby bathtubs they have now? They have a little thermometer strip on the bottom to tell you when the water temp is right and a plug in the bottom so very easy to empty. I can't believe how much easier things are now than when I had my babies. My DD complains if she has to nurse without her boppy pillow. She even bought a blow up one for vacation. So spoiled!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 AM

I too am a huge emotional eater. I am working on it. I had to have chocolate ice cream yesterday. I was picking out a good flavor in the grocery store. I had something yummy in my hand. Then I saw some reduced fat ice cream and decided to be good. I checked the label, the reduced fat had more fat and calories than what was in my hand. I had a medium bowl. My boys finished the rest so no seconds for me.
I am commissioned to make a baby quilt. I figure the fabric etc will be about $70. The pattern isn't really simple but not too difficult either. I will FMQ it myself. Any ideas on a price to charge??? Not a family member like the last quilt. She is a friend of my niece.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:48 AM

If stress is emotional eating then yes I am an emotional eater. When things get real hectic and I have a lot to do and need to concentrate, then I have a snack beside me and eat to think. I try to be sure it is healthy. If I am sad and upset, those kinds of emotions, then I don't eat at all. If I was to loose someone real close to me, I would probably drop at least 20 pounds.
I have increased my calorie intake and added in a little fruit as well as taking my potassium and calcium tablets and the leg cramps have died down. Going in for a nasty massage tonight again to help with the cramps. I think with all three it is getting better. Yep, I said nasty massage. They are painful and if she does foo foo, then there is no benefit for me on the muscles. I may be in for the running for those batiks. Here is to more loosing....
Old 07-24-2013, 09:16 AM

QM, is there magnesium in your calcium supplements? Unopposed calcium can cause leg cramps to be worse. If they are severe, add magnesium malate. Magnesium and malic acid (from apples). I'm never without it.

Weight isn't doing bad for me. Enough for batiks?? Not unless everyone else has a 'bad' month and I won't wish for that.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 AM

I have been spending extra time at my folks house afterwork. I get home to eat a late supper and back again at 9 pm to put them to bed. Then it's 10 pm and I'm too tired to sew. Barely keeping the house work done up. I did sew a quick set of curtains last Saturday for DGD's new pink bedroom. DD and SIL are loving the house after 5 years in an upstairs apartment. DD did have a job interview on Monday. She should know by the end of the week. I have my fingers crossed.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Yes, it has the magnesium in it. That is what was recommended on the diet that my mom was on. I am not following the "Life Plan" diet as much since the leg cramps were so bad, but am taking the vitamins so I can get leveled off.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 PM

Computer was in shop for 'bugs' and glad of it - we got hit by lightening Monday and fried my phone connection and the internet connection, but of course, our computer wasn't connected - that's the only good thing. Out TV got hit as well, can't call for help on that until our phone is back in - hopefully tomorrow. Sorry I didn't get our Teriffic Tuesday posted. I have one, so will get it posted ---
Old 07-24-2013, 05:47 PM

Okay -Teriffic Tuesday (Wednesday)- break or make a habit - The 10 worst habits destroying your diet -
1. Overdoing 'diet foods and beverages
2. Food is my BFF
3. Trying to be a perfect eater
4. Not having a support system
5. Ditching your favorite foots
6. Expecting too much, too soon
7. Being a distracted diner
8. You eat out more than twice a week
9. Drinking your calories, not eating them
10. Skimping on your zzzs
Can you make it a Teriffic Tuesday or will it be a Taboo???
Old 07-24-2013, 08:10 PM

Good one for this week, Kathleen. I think my worst ones on this list are no support system, distracted diner and eating out more than twice a week. Things to think about!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:14 AM

Good one Kathleen. I am guilty of all of them except 8 and 9. A lot of diet tips say to get more ZZZ's. Not sure how to do this. I sleep about 6 hrs a night. I got to bed when I am tired and mostly wake without an alarm. Even if I take a sleeping pill I don't sleep longer.
I am working on the quilt for my grandson. I have all 15 trucks finished. I would like to have a little more finished when the get home on Saturday. I gets bordered by a road. I started that last night. The second border has road signs and it will take quite a bit of time.
My Ds brought home White Castle hamburgers last night at midnight. They are so yummy. Today I think we are going to downtown Cincinnati and eating lunch at Tom and Chee, a gourmet grilled cheese restaurant. That sure sounds like diet food. He is going to kill my weight loss this month.