Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 04-06-2018, 02:50 PM

Teen, Congratulations on your finish and in record time. Lovely selection of fabrics. Looking forward to the finished work.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:15 PM

My design floor.....lol! I like it. Just enough yellow & black speckled throughout. Going to start sashing tomorrow after I look at it better in the light. DH said..."wow.... ". Then he pointed to one block and said, "I like that one".... Lol...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 04-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Congratulations Teen!!! I love love, love it! Okay, now I know I need to make one! I love your choice of blues and yellows. Just perfect!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:23 PM

Spectacular, Teen.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:13 PM

WOW WOW WOW Teen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a stunning quilt!!! Congratulations on finishing. The colours are great, very well balanced.
Thank you for being a part of our Sylvia adventure!! I hope you will stay a while and cheer the other bridals on!

NZ, can I welcome you here?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:34 PM

Thank you, so much, everyone. I'll still be sharing my Sylvia with you all as I assemble and finish it up so I'll be around. I will be cheering Donna on. We started this adventure together so I'll be here for her and for NZ when she starts her journey. Laurafet and auntjo are still working on theirs and I'm excited to watch their progress, too.

Even though I've expressed my thanks privately to you, Anael, I am ever so grateful for your part in my Sylvia. It is worth repeating.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:32 PM

Awwwww thank you so much Teen, it was a pleasure to have you as a bridal
I can't wait to see the assembling and finishing of your Sylvia!! I'm glad you'll be around for a while!
Old 04-07-2018, 03:57 AM

Very nice Teen! I love how it looks using just a few colors. Makes me want to do another one lol!

I'm trying to stick with my goal of using up scraps this year. I finally got all the fabric I'd purchased over the last year folded and stacked. And I realized I have a lot more scraps than I thought. I had a whole shelf filled with small yardage, which I consider anything less than a half yard. I had to move it to make room for larger yardage fabric and decided this stuff really is scraps because it's not enough to use for anything else.

I'll be able to start something new soon, I've got my CMIYC quilt top together except for the border.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:17 AM

Congratulations Teen. It looks really pretty with your chosen color pallet. I will be eagerly looking on for your finished top.

I too am enjoying DonnaPea's journey. Her blocks are coming out so cute and scrappy.

Macybaby, I have to chuckle. According to your definition of scraps, I think my whole stash is scraps. Other then white yardage and backing fabric. I have mostly, FQ's and 1/3 yard cuts. But, I like scrappy quilts. So, it works for me. I do have a few 1 yard cut pieces if I exceptionally liked the fabric. But, not too many. My goal is for all my fabric to reside in a 3 drawer chest. (With the exception of Halloween/Fall and Christmas. Which have their own pretty boxes in my sewing room.) I have 1 box of fabrics in my Ikea shelving unit that is all designer fabric/sets that coordinate, that I really want in my 3 drawer chest. It's the "Blue" drawer that is out of control. A drawer with -just-all-blue- fabric. I guess I like blue. lol So, I just need to produce a few more quilt tops for that to happen.

Last edited by Judith1005; 04-07-2018 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:04 AM

I know I'm a fabricaholic - and it does not help that my local LQS runs a sale a couple times a year - 30% off end of bolt. I had resolved to quit buying fabric, and this March the discount fabric store in town advertised going out of business and everything is 25% off. Their normal price on quilting cotton is $10 a yard so it's hard to pass much up at $7.50.

I've got several years to retirement, a good paying job, two adult kids that live too far away and no grandkids. Closest other relatives are over 400 miles away. So I spend my money and time on quilting - keeps from getting depressed about it.

My out of control color is Red - I have one whole row of reds, almost a row of blues, a bit over half a row of greens, one row of yellow/cream/offwhite, a couple shelves of browns and blacks. And one shelf of purple. I'm just not attracted to purple when I see a table of fabric.