Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-10-2018, 04:21 AM

what a pretty helper! I have three that occasionally help, though one is a near constant companion when I'm home. When I telework, she spends a lot of time sleeping on the sewing cabinet right next to my chair (works as a great desk extension). Though it's also right in front of the window with a heater right below.

When I sew, she wants to sit right next to me so I have one of my sewing stools (one of my vintage singers) pulled out right next to me. She gets upset if I put something on it when she's not there and she'll meow at me until I remove it so she can have her spot.

I got my current project on the frame this AM, and a start on the quilting. I sewed the label to the backing already so once it's quilted, it will only need binding. Here is a sneak peak. I have to put in 8 hours for work now, and am excited to get back out there this afternoon.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:42 AM

Cathy, is that considered a water color quilt. It is really beautiful. Hope your work day goes by quickly. The work week is almost over if you work Monday-Friday. My last job, I worked Thursday to Sunday. It was part time. But, I really liked working those days. And, two of those days were double shifts. But, again, I liked where I worked and what I was doing so, it didn't bother me. And, even though it was retail, the hours were always the same so it gave me lots of time to plan fun days outside of work.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:44 AM

Oh wow, that's a gorgeous quilt!!!

How nice to have such a faithful helper hahahaha.

I have 2, the one in the picture (Basja) is always laying on fabric, the other one (Pippi) isn't. She's sleeping a lot, but when I'm watching TV she's always near me. Basja is her daughter. They don't get along very well, that's because of Pippi. She doesn't like company Basja is the huntress, she made sure there's hardly one mouse left here in de neighborhood LOL. Pippi, her mom, doesn't hunt. She likes to get her food served on a plate.......hahahaha.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:02 AM

Hi Anael, then I'd say, Basja is worth her weight in gold. (Darn, their goes your fabric budget. lol ) She is a beauty.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:21 AM

I don't have a budget as it is anyway....... I had to promise a friend I wouldn't purchase any fabric this year....so far so good!

If she only would catch the occasional mouse it's ok with me. I don't like dead half eaten rabbits at my back door though......or next to the coffee table even
Or like two days ago, I steam mopped the living room floor, a few hours later Basja came in with a bird.......blood all over the place........that really is YUK!!
Enough......I still need to have dinner tonight and it's almost 5.30 pm here now LOL
Old 05-10-2018, 07:49 AM

I've got something to look forward to - no idea what it is thought . . .

my husband almost managed to fully surprise me for my Birthday. He made a trip into Sioux Falls yesterday while I was at work, and he did tell me on the offside that he went. He said he needed some supplies for the chicken yard, and told me he stopped off at a few other places too. Not a big deal, though normally we plan those trips for the weekend when we can both go. It's 60 miles away.

Then today we were talking about how before I got my new car and DH got my old one, he never wanted to make the trip if I was not home because of the poor gas mileage the truck gets. So I said, I bet if you didn't have the car you would not have gone yesterday. And he gets a sheepish look and says "I'd have gone anyway, you do have a birthday coming up after all"

I told him to stop right there and not tell me any more! He just can not keep a secret if he gets me a surprise. I have no idea what he might have gotten, I've not been talking about anything in particular that I've been wanting to get. He is so bad about this, I can think of only one or two times in over 35 years he's managed to actually surprise me with something. I also have to make sure not to say "I wonder what you got" as he'll start hinting and give it away.

If he had not said anything, I'd have been totally surprised and I thought the trip we are planning to the quilt show in mid June was for my Bday. The chicks we just got are for Mother's Day (told the kids Dad made me a mommy again for Mother's Day LOL!!)

Last edited by Macybaby; 05-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:56 AM

So stop asking or making remarks. Maybe this will be the third time he's going to surprise you!
The minute you know what it is we want to know too
How exciting!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:30 PM

Ooooo....pretty, helper, Anael! Always a great companion.

Macybaby....gorgeous quilt on the rack. Did you just whip this out for the priest? And....stop it!! Quit asking about your b-day...lol! Sounds like your DH gets just as excited about your prezzies as you do... That is precious, really.

I am home after 9 hours on the road. We left Provo, UT at 5:30a. Already unpacked, laundry started, plants watered...and I got the goofy wall hanging applique ready for machine work. Lol! I couldn't stand it and had to play in sewing nook a minute or two. Tomorrow, I'll garden a little and hopefully get the wall hanging top done. Then, I'll share it with you. It is so silly.... So glad to be home but miss my view...
Old 05-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Oh...and...This weekend, in between chores, I'll be working on SBS! Still need to make my stems and leaves but easy peezy.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:52 AM

I found something I copied a long time ago. I think Teen might like it.....hahahaha

Psychoanalysis, which is easier to understand than to spell, tells us what we really think, when we think we think a thing. Without psychoanalysis we should never know that when we think a thing the thing we think is not the thing we think we think but only the thing that makes us think we think the thing we think we think. It is all question of the Unconscious. The Unconscious enables us to think we are thinking about the thing we think we want to think about, while all the time the thing we really want to think about, is being thought about unconsciously by the Unconscious.