Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-07-2018, 04:31 PM

Donna.....steam was coming out of your studio this weekend. Looks fantastic. Love A5.....

Anael...that is a cute pattern. I wish I had the time to do this with you. I'll download the blocks when I get home. I have the Silky Village pattern (all PP) that I want to do. Bucket list is long...

We start our journey home tomorrow. I'm pooped!
Old 05-07-2018, 09:09 PM

Oh dear, more projects. I just downloaded the Sulky Village, it was still there! I LOVE it!!! All those wonky houses hahaha. Thanks Teen - I think......LOL

Have a safe trip home!
Old 05-07-2018, 09:50 PM

I just printed the first block of the Sulky Village. It's a LOT of work........wow!!! Block 1 has 8 different pieces which all have to be paper pieced. But it looks like it will be a lot of fun to make.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:53 AM

Happy Birthday Teen, Happy almost Birthday MacyBaby. I hope you both enjoy your day!

More great home pictures ladies. I am so loving them. I will have to go out eventually and take a few to share. Have been so busy with commitments of late.

DonnaPea, more great blocks. I think you are on a roll. I really love the first one. (C5) I favor the colors. But, they are all great. What a sense of accomplishment that is to finish all you've finished so far.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:51 AM

My neighbor, the one I made the quilt for, passed away this afternoon. Not even 2 months after he was diagnosed.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:15 AM

Sorry for you loss Anael, glad he got some time to enjoy the quilt. I was making one for my MIL, she had brain cancer and it took her reasonablitly really fast. My DD was caregiving at the time, so I gave the quilt to her and told her to do what she wanted with it.

I made one for my FIL right after, and for two years it was kept in his closet and forgotten. My DD was more upset about that than I was. Not sure what happened, I think he told one of his friends about it and they must have raved about how special it was to get a hand made quilt, and since then he's had it out on his couch for everyone to see.

I've just started making a fast lap quilt for a dear friend who is in his 80's that had pneumonia, and is having a very slow recovery. He is a Priest so I'm making a cross quilt with his religious order's emblem appliqued in the middle. I just started but figure I can get it done and quilted and deliver it Friday after work. Turns out it's a good thing I didn't get around to mounting the SBS on the LA after all. I have yet to take a partially quilted top off the LA to mount something else. Also good that I have all the fabric/supplies I need in my stash, so no shopping required.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:39 AM

Thank you Cathy. He just left his house for the very last time, only a few minutes ago. I feel so very sad and everything I went through when my hubby died is coming back and being relived. I know so very well how she is feeling........

Things happen for a reason, so now you know why you didn't mount the SBS on the LA. It's very thoughtful of you to make your friend a quilt. Lets hope he will enjoy it for a long time.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Oh Anael.....I'm so sorry about your neighbor. I know you've felt helpless. I know how loss can trigger previous losses. It's like starting the grieving process all over again. You'll be a tremendous support to your neighbor, I'm sure.

The Sulky Village is a busy PP project. I've had it printed awhile but wasn't very confident in PP so I put it aside. I'm sure, after SBS, I can tackle it now. Lol!...

so, for my belated b-day, my DH took me to 3 quilt shops today. I am so excited...I found the RED for my BA quilt. I now have all the fabric and can start that project immediately. Also, picked up some patterns and a mini quilt kit....and, of course, polka dots!!!!! He kept pointing stuff out to me. He's a hoot in a quilt shop. I actually had to say..."that's enough for now..." Lol!

We are checked into hotel and leave Boise first thing in morning to make our way home...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 05-08-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Macybaby.....lovely idea for a quilt for your friend. I hope he recovers quickly. I'd love to see your quilt when finished. I have a cross pattern that I have not done yet and a Christian quilt kit that I have not done but, like for many of us, I'll get to them eventually. Lifting prayers for him....

prayers for you, too, Anael, and your neighbor. Big Hugs, girls!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:08 PM

Thank you Teen! I knew it would trigger something but I didn't expect it to be this hard.

On a brighter note......I looked at the Sulky Village and I really love it. I do understand why you didn't start it, not feeling confident about your PP skills. You could do it now!!
I already pulled out my scraps and printed the first block.....hahahaha.

Your DH certainly is a keeper
Have a safe trip home!