Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 04-24-2018, 03:48 PM

Was counting pieces, I think I'll go with "over 30" as that way I don't have many that would need to be modified to fit.

I'm ready to put the binding on my School quilt, with that one out of the way, I can go back to playing with more fun stuff. I really don't like to commit to sewing projects, that way if I don't feel like working on something for a while, there is no pressure. I can put it aside for a month and then get back to it.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:34 AM

Wow, you ladies have been very business. With my main sewing machine going down for the count. I have practically been out of business while I shop look and try to find a new machine. I've been able to do a little straight piecing on my Vintage Singer. So, not completely down for the count. I'll find something soon.

Teen, love how your border flowers are coming along.

Anael, your home country is beautiful. It looks so peaceful and the air looks so clean. In the third picture down, what do the signs in the water mean?

Macybaby, I can't wait to see your school quilt finished.

DonnaPea, your on a roll. Your blocks are coming out wonderful. Glad you were able to fit in a little fun time.

DottyD, glad to hear your on the mend. Will say a little prayer for your continued recovery.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:55 AM

Thank you Judith. We do have parts where it's not so quiet and peaceful! I have no idea what those signs mean, no doubt they're for the ships that pass. I went with the ferry to the other side, next time I'll ask - if I remember
Old 04-25-2018, 10:06 AM

I told myself I need to finish a few quilts before I'm allowed to start a new project. So I finished the Fairyland top (still needs borders but I have to purchase fabric). Next on the list is/was the 365 Challenge top. I thought I only needed 2 12" cornerblocks but it turns out I also need 14 light coloured 6" blocks.........arghhhhhhhhhh. That's what I will be doing the next few days or weeks......haha!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=DonnaPea;8045778]Anael - I enjoyed your pictures, especially the windmill. Sadly, we canceled our upcoming northern Europe cruise, so I will not be seeing your lovely country soon as I had planned. Hopefully we can try again sometime in the future.

Sorry DonnaPea you had to cancel your trip. Maybe one day...........
Old 04-26-2018, 02:06 AM

I made a few Sylvia blocks for the 365 challenge haha! I don't feel like making any more of those 365 challenge blocks which take forever to finish. Having to make 2 corner blocks is enough LOL. I also enlarged some 3" blocks and made them 6" finished. I'll be happy when this one is finished too!!
Old 04-26-2018, 04:24 AM

I really liked the 365 challenge, I followed along with the first year and made every block. I learned so much doing that, and thought about doing another and that is when I found SBS and decided it would be fun do to that one. From my perspective, SBS is much easier for the peiced blocks, but also has PP and Applique while 365 it totally peiced blocks.

I've decided I need to be a good girl and get caught up on my quilting before I start another top. I have three in progress anyway . . .

I have another one on the LA, and only 7 more out in the shed. That is less than I thought I had out there. I have another 12 in the house, but a few of them are lap size. So that is only 20 and that is less than I thought I had. I really have to stick with the "finished is better than perfect" and stop agonizing about trying to find the "perfect" quilt patterns and just go with something that will look good and get it done.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:38 AM

You mean 20 to be quilted? I like your attitude Lots of people would stress out over 'only' 20 quilts hahaha!

I also liked the 365 challenge but now that I thought I had enough blocks made and I'm still 14 short......not so much anymore. But I will finish, not the entire quilt though because it's too large. I now need 9 more light coloured blocks and 2 corner blocks.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:13 AM

A year ago, I had 30 tops waiting to be quilted, so this is an improvement for me. Only one of the current group was including in last year's number. I've got that one on the frame now. So I feel pretty good about that.

I'm trying to find quilts that are more challenging so they take longer to make. Though sometimes if they take too long, I put them aside for something simpler. I have a crazy quilt I've been working on for several years now. Once in a while I haul it out and make another 10 blocks. I think I'm around 50 blocks and want 100 total. I should haul that out and work on it more. It's rather "messy" and I end up with stuff spread all over, so it's not easy to work on it just a little bit at a time.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:45 AM

Congrats on the improvement

I like your crazy quilt blocks, they don't look that crazy. I guess because of the colours you're using.

I started one last week to get rid of my scraps but put them aside again. Just finished the Fairyland quilttop, now I need to quilt another top. That one really needs to be done as it's for my neighbor who was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago and no treatment possible. So it's next on the list. I had to wait for the batting which arrived this afternoon.