Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 04-26-2018, 07:47 AM

Macybaby - love that crazy quilt. It will be a very striking quilt when you double that size.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM

I just finished the second Fairyland top. Just the top, not quilted yet!
Attached Thumbnails bedblock-fairyland21.jpg   elephant-fairyland21.jpg   gardenblock-fairyland21.jpg   top-fairyland21.jpg  
Old 04-26-2018, 08:08 AM

It's hard to see in the picture, but there is a lot of machine fancy stitching in each block. That is what why it takes so long, especiallys since I"m doing the stitching in several different thread colors.

The goal with the quilt is to have the "antique bridal gown" look when it's done.

for super crazy - this is my ultimate scrap quilt. After getting the 365 quilt done, I went through my scraps and cut them into 2.5 and 1.5 strips, with a couple of HST of each fabric, and then took the smaller chunks taht were left and sorted them by color and put them together into blocks.

this quilt is finished, but I can't find a picture of it completed.

This was my first crazy quilt, I gave this one to my niece that was tending to my mother during her last days. This is one of my first quilts - made in 2014.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:02 AM

That antique look has been accomplished, it's what I thought when I saw the blocks!

Lovely, those crazy quilts! I never made one, but now I'm trying haha!
Old 04-26-2018, 03:37 PM

Hello my friends!!! Great progress on some of your projects. Donna is pumping those blocks out and they look fantastic. Beautiful fabrics, of course.

Macybaby...you amaze me with your projects. Each is unique and not your typical pattern, which is way cool.

Dotty....so glad you are doing well following surgery. Mine was non-invasive as we'll and cutting thru less muscle is a plus in terms of recovery. Good luck with rehab...each day gets better.

Judith....have you decided on your new machine yet? You are very patient. If mine broke down, I would buy the next day. I'm not very patient. Lol

Anael....your fairly land quilt is adorable and beautifully crafted. I admire your talent on the embroidery. Beautifully done.

i have finished all the applique for SBS and now I am doing a fun and silly wall hanging. Work is going well on our home. We may head home earlier than expected. Tomorrow, heading to LQS.. MYEA!
Old 04-26-2018, 03:41 PM

On a side note....20 UFO's would send me to the looney bin. Lol!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:50 PM

Nice to hear from you Teen!

Thank you for the compliment but the embroidery machine is doing all the hard work, the only thing I have to do is pick the fabrics and thread colours Oh and try and line up the designs with the multiple hooping. The elephant block required 8 hoopings.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:17 AM

Anael, anyone who has done even a small amount of machine embroidery knows it's not near that simple! It takes a good eye to pull in the thread and fabric to get a good looking end product.

Teen - glad that things are coming along well with the house - so much can go "wrong" when building . . . or even remodel jobs. When I was working on our house, I frequented a few remodeling/building forums, and oh the horror stories some told! Seems if it all goes smoothly, you got really lucky! But in the end, it always seemed to get worked out. I personally hope to never build again! Not sure if I even want to remodel, but DH and I do our own work with that, so much less miscommunication.

I don't consider my floppies in the que to be quilted as UFO's. I have several true UFO's, things I have lost interest in and don't have much desire to deal with them. I've got to make a push to get more quilted though, we hare having a family reunion this summer and I hope to rehome 30-40 quilts.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:53 AM

Macybaby - 30 to 40 quilts! Wow, what heirlooms your family members will be leaving with! My goodness...

Anael - I love your bright, happy fairyland quilts. Happy, happy colors.

Teen - glad to hear your construction project is going well. I've been in on some remodeling projects through the years, and it's exhausting, but gratifying, work. Looking forward to seeing the applique border on SBS when it is done.

Here are 2 more blocks from this past week, hopefully more to come this weekend. Heading to our LQS tomorrow for a demonstration on ruler work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593654[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593655[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails b-8.jpg   c-7.jpg  
Old 04-27-2018, 05:16 AM

Oh my DonnaPea, gorgeous!!!!!!

Macebaby, rehome so many quilts .... WOW!!! Nobody in the family wants mine except the grands and they'rs not allowed to because according to DDIL they have enough quilts. I don't agree but who am I LOL.

Maybe one day we can do an UFO swap....hahaha! Wouldn't that be great?