Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-19-2018, 08:21 AM

We will be moving next month and I looked online at the town's library website catalog and they have a copy of Sylvias Bridal Sampler quilt book! Yay!! I hope to join you ladies here soon!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:26 AM

Teen, please share a picture of your SBS quilt with borders! I keep checking by everyday, hoping to see it!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:38 AM

Yeahhhhhh another Bride
Old 05-19-2018, 06:05 PM

NZ....so glad you are joining the bridal group. You will have so much fun. I sure hope your library does long term check out....lol!! Although I did it in 2 1/2 mos, there's a gal on the thread who did it in 3 wks. I can't imagine the sleep deprivation involved in that. Yowza....I was exhausted but had a blast.

I went to my nieces today and spent most of the day so I didn't get to work on backing. I'll be doing that tomorrow. And, I Ordered a King batting of Warm and White and should get by Thursday. Was not in the mood to piece batting from my roll....plus, I worried about seeing the seam through the white top. That means, this baby is going to LA as scheduled. She'll likely have it a couple of weeks...then, I'll FMQ the borders...then special binding I'll be doing (faux flange + something else....hehehe). I have not taken a picture of it yet but I'll do that before it goes to LA. It's on the guest bed still getting snipped......I don't want any threads seen through the front so I'm being deligent....probably over-anal but my heart and soul is in this thing. I'm already emotionally attached to it....Geesh...
Old 05-19-2018, 10:10 PM

LOL that's what I was looking for......long term check out.....hahahaha! NZ, you're going to need that if you still want some sleep

Teen........can't wait! Please snip faster LOL. You're good at keeping secrets. I'm sure you're not going to tell us about the binding and we'll have to wait til the very end of your journey. You're going to keep this one, right? Or make a second one?
Old 05-20-2018, 08:24 AM

Some pictures from today's ride. Not that many!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]594669[/ATTACH]
Early morning, about 9.30 am.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594670[/ATTACH]
In my son's garden. Never seen this before!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594671[/ATTACH]
Just cute
Attached Thumbnails regge-zondagochtend-20.05.2018.11.jpg   tuinfrank21.jpg   20.05.2018.31.jpg  
Old 05-20-2018, 02:22 PM

OH wow....such a cutie.....so adorable. Pics of creek and bubble garden are fantastic. Need to print those and frame them. Beautiful photography.

Worked on backing today...big pieces to finagle around. Didn't get any clipping done but should be done in a couple of days. Then pressing this bad boy will require enlisting the help of DH. Yes, I'm going to keep this one...Going to be used in my new guest room, which is one of the reasons I'm trying to get this done before we move.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:31 PM

Lovely pictures of Holland! I would love to visit one-day. It looks just like how I have always imagined it to look, and how my Oma would describe the countryside to me when I was a kid. Sadly she passed away when I was eight, but she often said I looked just like her mother and I could pass as a Dutch girl! Now my daughter looks Dutch too, to the point that I have had people ask me in restaurants if we are from Holland.

Good news, good news!!! So my DH and I were looking on Amazon at some stuff he needs and we needed a few extra dollars in the cart for free shipping. We went on to our 'wishlist' and he let me add the Sylvia Bridal Sampler book into the order, even though it was three times the extra money we needed! Thank you, Hubby!!! So, I'll be joining you, and I'll have my own copy of the book to write notes in!

I'm thinking I'll make it scrappy, with a common white background. So exciting!
Old 05-20-2018, 02:46 PM

Woohoo!! Such a wonderful treat from your hubbie!! Our men are generous with our craft, aren't they? Owning your own copy of this will be great for you...as you said, note taking is a benefit. Plus, it has a great layout in the back that I used to highlight the blocks as I completed them. Kept me organized and many don't really require this but, for me, it kept me motivated to see all the highlighted boxes. Whatever it takes. Lol!

Looking forward to seeing your blocks and cheering you on, NZ... Scrappy w/white will look beautiful. I favor white backgrounds and use it more then off-white or neutral. Are you thinking bright scrappies or a whole pallet of shades?
Old 05-20-2018, 03:46 PM

Yessssssssss, that's great NZ! I wrote the date of completion in the back of the book. Teen, she didn't need that Scrappy with white background sounds lovely.

Thanks ladies for your compliments!
NZ, please, tell me, how does a Dutch girl look? Blond, blue eyes?

Now I'm going back to bed! It's 1.45 am here now.