Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are You Intimidated by Your UFO's? >

Are You Intimidated by Your UFO's?

Are You Intimidated by Your UFO's?

Old 01-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

Default Are You Intimidated by Your UFO's?

Those of you who have them, do your UFO's call your name? Do they say things like "Why am I sitting here, half done?" "Won't you come play with me?"....and other stuff like that.

Or...are you able to ignore them and get on with your current sewing? I think about mine from time to time, and feel a bit guilty, but then I shake it off, and go play with my latest cotton pal.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:51 PM

I just started quilting last year and am forcing myself to finish one before I start another so as not to end up with a bunch. of UFOs. I have one on the machine right now. I had intended it for a Christmas present, but have struggled with the FMQing. I keep telling myself to get with it so I can start something new & fun.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:58 PM

boston- I do all the things you mentioned, I don't have but one top to quilt however, my barrel list is longgggggg.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

I went through mine and donated the ones I didn't want to finish to the charity shop. The others I wanted to work on, I am finishing. I have about 5 tops left to quilt I think and I will be caught up. I have no trouble letting a new project jump the queue because quilting is supposed to be fun not drudgery.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

I am overwhelmed by mine, and yes - they are calling me (and some of the names and comments are not fit to be printed here). Late last year I decided to make myself finish some projects. I cannot do another new one until I finish at least one UFO. Them's the rules and so far so good. Most of mine are finished tops - for many I already have the backing, but I do not like to sandwich - so they linger. Heavy sigh!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM

I occasionally get another 'I' word - irritated - by my UFO's. Mostly because they get in my way or have exactly the right fabric for another quilt but are already half-sewn into a UFO. But not intimidated. Life is too short to let inert pieces of fabric make me feel guilty. I'll finish them or I won't. If I don't finish a UFO, it's because I started a new project and I must want to finish the newer quilt more.

If I never finished anything, then I would let the UFOs upset me.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

If they started talking to me , I would just bury them deeper in the tub! LOL...

The thing about my ufo bucket list is they aren't all my creations. Some are donated charity quilt tops and cut fabric for tops. It isn't always easy to pick up where someone left off, know what I mean? Even though they are beautiful. I need a good swift kick to get more of them finished up. June isn't that far away.

I felt I was getting behind on my projects, so I set them aside for a while to get now late quilts finished for those people I put on hold. There has been two family member graduations and a wedding that I haven't even addressed yet. Oh dear ...

I suppose they will just all have to be patient until my get up and go kicks in.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:25 PM

Does stash count as a UFO?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
Does stash count as a UFO?
Oh that was CUTE!!! I wonder if it does......
Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 PM

This is year I am going to reduce my UFOs have so far finished 4 now working on quilt I started over 10 years ago.
My friend in America sent to me a parcel of fabric, I will not open the parcel until I have finished this current UFO