Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 12-30-2023, 04:29 AM

WMUTeach, I straightened up my sewing room before I began putting the blocks together and it looks barren! Not used to such a neat work area. I don’t close the door either, even when it’s really messy, unless I want to keep the cat out. He gets into my work. He likes to jump the windows and has been known to knock over the ironing board in the process.

SBG, love the outlet under your table. Great idea.

I’m off to tend to my neighbor’s cat while she’s on vacation. Poor guy isn’t used to being alone so much of the day.
Old 12-30-2023, 04:53 AM

I am extremely fortunate for my sewing rooms. In Minnesota I have a beautiful room dedicated to my sewing machines, cutting table, ironing station and an entire wall of shelving for my smaller cuts of fabric. It looks out to a small garden. AND I have a smaller room that has a chest Murphy bed for the rare time we need more then one guest bedroom and the rest is all fabric.

In Texas the guest bedroom has a day bed in it and my sewing room. With big closets. Works out great

Sewbiz glad you are feeling better
Old 12-30-2023, 01:56 PM

Hope I wasn’t complaining about my sewing room because I’m also very blessed to have a dedicated area. It’s not large but it is all mine! Can I help that occasionally I overflow the area? Well, maybe! In any case, I’ve got enough room to do what I need to do and am thrilled to have it. Btw, I just finished my Morning Glories quilt top - a day ahead of schedule! I’m just going to do a stay stitch around the outside tomorrow to secure all those hundreds of bias seams, and then I’ll take a pic in better light. I’m thrilled with it and DH wants to put it on the spare room bed. Surprised me that he’d like it so much! All the work is worth it just for that. 😀
Old 12-31-2023, 08:13 AM

Not a great pic but DH’s arms aren’t long enough to catch the whole thing. The light is bad, too, but it’s all done and now neatly tucked away until I can get it to the LA’er next month. Woo hoo!

Hoping you all have a Happy New Year’s Eve and Day. Happy 2024!
Attached Thumbnails img_4979.jpeg  
Old 12-31-2023, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

That is a beautiful top, Janice! I'm sure you and the hubster will enjoy the quilt. It looks HUGE. Is it Queen size?

Happy New Year, everyone!
Old 12-31-2023, 01:40 PM

SBG, It’s 84 square. It is a bit small for my spare room queen but I’m suddenly wondering if I should add a border. BH’s design doesn’t call for it but maybe it needs one. I’m vacillating on it. Instead of rushing it to the LA, I will probably bring it into the LQS and see if together we could find a workable border. I need more eyes on it.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

That's a good plan. I don't usually do borders except on panel quilts, or when I need the top to be bigger, like you are thinking.

I just got done sandwiching some quilts. I have 4 Boom quilts up there to quilt, plus another set of Boom blocks. I had a lot of big batting scraps, so I cut 13" squares of batting to do that last set of blocks QAYG. Plenty to do!
Old 12-31-2023, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Anyone doing Merry Mayhem tomorrow?
Old 01-01-2024, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Happy New Year friends!
I'm still not in my sewing room but almost !! I did some cross-stitch while I was laid up and it helped. I'm dying to get back in my sewing room! Still going to PT but will soon drop to once a week.
Janice, your quilt is beautiful! I love it.

Here's some cross-stitch I was able to do............
There are a total of 12 in all. I was thinking of doing a tree next year just for them. The patterns are from Erica Arndt.
Attached Thumbnails img_7726.jpg  
Old 01-02-2024, 09:13 AM

Okay ladies! Frog top is together! The back will have one extra frog block on it! Love how this came out!