Class 15 clone? freebie :-)

Old 12-29-2011, 01:52 PM

Default Class 15 clone? freebie :-)

Hi All,

I was the first to respond last night to an add on Kijiji (Craigslist type buy and sell) for this sewing machine. My son and I went to pick it up this morning, the lad is clearing out his aunts old farmhouse, he just wanted it out of the house...and he threw in the 2 metal picnic hampers along with it = storage!!

I am presuming I have aquired a class 15 clone - 3/4 size machine???...if this is not what it is I would appreciate some info to steer us in the right direction. I have downloaded the free manual from sew-classic, if this is the right one.

When I plugged her in the needle started right up even though I wasn't touching the foot pedal...so I unplugged her until he gets home from work and can give her a look over, but other than that nothing is bent, rusty or missing so should be a good first project for us to work on.

The table is in very good condition too!

Her name is Nellie King which was his aunts name....I automatically said "Whoa Nelly" when I plugged her in, so I guess that fits! LOL

TIA
Joann
Attached Thumbnails nellie-king-2.jpg   nellie-king-1.jpg   nellie-king-3.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:58 PM

Yep! You have a mighty pretty 15 Clone!

Check the plug? Will it plug into the machine the other way? I had a machine that took off like a racehorse when I plugged her in, the spousal unit changed the wires around and that fixed the problem!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 PM

Yes a very pretty clone, love the color. the nob on the left of the pillar should move the feed dogs up and down for darning (who does that anymore?) but should work for FMQ.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 PM

Thanks Charlee and Caroline!...we are relatively new at sewing machine repair, my husband does small engine repair already so we should have some fun with the old machines....we have quite a collection growing, hoping to fix up and pass on most of them to those who need a machine - this one, well, she is so pretty I might keep her around until just the right person comes along who needs her more...and is as appreciative of the old machines as we are.

Joann
Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Yep! You have a mighty pretty 15 Clone!

Check the plug? Will it plug into the machine the other way? I had a machine that took off like a racehorse when I plugged her in, the spousal unit changed the wires around and that fixed the problem!
My Admiral did the same thing until I switched the power cord plug and the foot contol plug around. Surprising to say the least. You have a very pretty macihne.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:48 AM

Very nice.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:52 AM

Oooohh so pretty. Enjoy.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:28 AM

Very pretty machine. Love the color. The picnic hampers are neat too. Have fun.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Pretty! It does sound like you have the two plug ins (underneath inside the cabinet) reversed. There is usually one for the light and one for the motor. If you get them mixed up, the motor will come on as soon as you plug in the power. Hope you are happily sewing by now.

Pat
Old 12-30-2011, 10:05 AM

well, hubby came home and observed the "race horse activity" then played around with the wires and plugs and she still runs wildly regardless.....this morning he tried her again and she started running but then stopped and is/was controlled by the foot peddle as she should be, so....he says there must be a problem within the rheostat (that is what he called the little receptacle the wires from the machine plug into) ...the wires aren't the best, nothing frayed but getting crunchy and stiff, so he will have to rewire her at some point. She is still sitting in the kitchen where I can "pet" her when I am going past LOL