Class 15 clone? freebie :-)

Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

You say that one is 3/4 size? I have a little black Alden that is 3/4 size - I haven't plugged her in yet - seems like that one will be a little tank though. I'm looking forward to playing with it. I'm thinking the feed dogs drop on the Alden and on yours. I really didn't know they made a 15 in that size.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:40 PM

yes, very nice 15 clone.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:58 PM

Congratulrations on your machine. She sure is pretty. Her color makes me think of a race car, so maybe that's why she "runs wild". HEHEHE.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
Hi All,

I was the first to respond last night to an add on Kijiji (Craigslist type buy and sell) for this sewing machine. My son and I went to pick it up this morning, the lad is clearing out his aunts old farmhouse, he just wanted it out of the house...and he threw in the 2 metal picnic hampers along with it = storage!!

I am presuming I have aquired a class 15 clone - 3/4 size machine???...if this is not what it is I would appreciate some info to steer us in the right direction. I have downloaded the free manual from sew-classic, if this is the right one.

When I plugged her in the needle started right up even though I wasn't touching the foot pedal...so I unplugged her until he gets home from work and can give her a look over, but other than that nothing is bent, rusty or missing so should be a good first project for us to work on.

The table is in very good condition too!

Her name is Nellie King which was his aunts name....I automatically said "Whoa Nelly" when I plugged her in, so I guess that fits! LOL

TIA
Joann
Oh yea doing the happy dance for you I got a 1936 given to me.It was set out beside the road and my brother pick it up for me.I sure do love him he knows i sort of collect sewing machines I have 11 as of now I have an older singer also made in 1930.I would not part with most of machines for nothing.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:16 PM

The wiring issue comes and goes, so I was playing around with her last night when she was in the mood to behave LOL - she sews a perfect 1/8th inch seam with me barely touching the cloth ;-) ...all these years I have been struggling with my plastic Kenny which runs off to the left something awful!

Miriam, yes she is a 3/4 and the feed dogs have 3 settings - her bobbin cover is kind of cool, I will post a pic after the next round of festivities are over!

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Default 2 more pics

I thought the plate on this machine was rather interesting - they just cut off the plate from the full size machine...if anyone has a plate like this with all the words visible, could you please tell me what it says. :-)
I really like that the plate is hinged rather than a slider that can be misplaced.

...as you can see in the sample she sews a beautiful 1/8" seam, there is no mark on the plate for 1/4", I will have to make a little guide or use a screw on...or is there a 1/4" foot?

there have been 2 more of these teal blue machines come up on Kijiji since I brought this one home...tempting!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails nellie-king-5.jpg   nellie-king-4.jpg