Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Free Westinghouse Type E Golden Machine ...Questions

Free Westinghouse Type E Golden Machine ...Questions

Hello, Some nice person donated this machine for a mission project. The motor runs, it is in great shape. I do not have a manual and am not sure how to thread it. My first test sew (guessing on threading) was not promising. Before i go any further, does anyone have information on this machine. I am very interested in diagrams of the tension adjuster.

Thanks,

Bonnie

Bonnie,I just acquire the same machine and have all the paper work on it and the book

Bonnie,I just acquire the same machine and have all the paper work on it and the book

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie58 View Post
    Hello, Some nice person donated this machine for a mission project. The motor runs, it is in great shape. I do not have a manual and am not sure how to thread it. My first test sew (guessing on threading) was not promising. Before i go any further, does anyone have information on this machine. I am very interested in diagrams of the tension adjuster.

Thanks,

Bonnie

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking those need special needles and the hand wheel turns away from you
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

These need a short needle, called a CC or a Boye 2 1/2 or a 38Y1, or a 40F1.
    It does not use a 206x13 which will eventually damage the bobbincase and affect the tension. The 38Y1 has a different timing length than the 206x13. There are many places on the internet that will say to use the 206, please don't.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I'm thinking those need special needles and the hand wheel turns away from you
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"