Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How old is my White Rotary

How old is my White Rotary

How do I find out the age of my White machine? I know singer has a site that lets you know by the #'s.
    But I can't find a site for White. I believe it to be from the 1930's to 50's, The manual say #13
    And does anyone have any idea where I can find feet! LOL For the White.

I've found this site helpful for dating the Whites I have. Lots of info on White machines.

If it looks like the presser feet have a "fork" that goes around the presser bar and is tightened down by screwing from the top (not side like Singers), then it probably takes rotary attachments, which can be found pretty easily on places like Ebay. Do you have a picture? Always fun to see!
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Thank you so much, Bennett! That web site was great, My machine was born in 1949! I inherited it from my husbands Aunt Aquilla, in 1965, used it a lot till I thought I need brand New. And all the others have now bit the dust and Antie is still going strong, sews a beautiful stitch. Nothing fancy just dependable! Now to find those feet, I know I have them put away so that I wouldn't loose them! Sound familiar?

I have a 1946 Rotary White and love the way it sews. My husband refinished the cabinet it was in; it had some water stains on the top and one side. Mine is one of the matt brown finish machines and I christened it "Brownie". Not very original, but it suites. Enjoy your machine
    The decisions we make determine the lives that we lead. - The Renaissance Man

Blog Entries
    i'm happy to hear some one mention whites! i have a white treadle that was my grandmother's. have no idea of anything about her, haven't sewn on her since high school (back when t-rex roamed the earth). she needs a new connecter of the treadle to the wheel and i think a belt. hasn't been cleaned oiled or otherwise taken care of in at least 50 yrs. but i just love having her and knowing she was my gramma's and she made the quilts i have from gramma. a legacy of warmth and love!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

wjo
    I was just given a box of White rotary machine attachments. I know nothing about the machine - I just have the attachments. Would you be interested in having them? They just need to go to a good home. There is a bobbin case and 2 bobbins, ruffler, hemmers, underbraider, etc. in a black box.