Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Minnesota New Model A Serial Number

I cannot locate the serial number for my Minnesota New Model A vintage sewing machine. I am looking for the manual so I can see if I oiled it properly and also need to figure out how to load the shuttle (now that I took it out to oil the machine). Bobbin case cover says patented Aug 10, 1920 if that helps answer my Q.
    Brand new to this chatroom and not even sure if I'm doing this right. Hopefully it will post in the Sewing Machine Shop with Billy et al.
    Help. New Grams has been tasked with sewing baby wipes from T-shirts and I haven't sewed in ages. Really want to get back into sewing and am opting for the treadle vs my 1981 MWards machine. I too am trying to get green here.

someone will be able to help...... just not me. welcome to the board.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-1.htm

here is the quilt shop that will help you out! Post your question on this topic they are really good at helping!

Blog Entries
    You may be able to order a manual here:
    http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals....922198442.html

Old machines are all pretty similar in their needs. One drop of oil wherever moving parts rub against each other and look for oiling holes in shafts. Oil the underneath part of the machine as well as up above.

You may also find information in one of the vintage sewing machine lists on Yahoo! groups.

Thanks for the great info!

manual location

Hello! I just found a manual for my Minnesota at the Smithsonian site. Type in Minnesota sewing machine manual and it should come up in the search. While the brand is not specifically a Minnesota, it looks like one and tells you everything you need to know, including the attachments available & how to use them, I had a set of the attachments but was at a loss in how to attach & use them, now I know how!! The Burda machine listed from Sears is even older, and might help as well.
    Carol V. from Pa.