Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Necchi Lydia 544, anyone have one?

Wow so beautiful on top and what a mess on the bottom!! Yup every single one of my cams are broken. Looks like yours faired better. Good luck with it. I'm still having an eternal debate over mine. Since she's missing the foot pedal I haven't a clue as to whether she will even stitch a straight stitch. So good luck taming the tension beast. :P
    Proud owner of: Eleanor, a 1896 Willcox & Gibbs Chain Stitch Treadle
    Tucci, a 1952 Singer Featherweight
    my mothers Singer Touch & Sew 758
    Flower, Brother XR 6060
    1910 Singer 66
    Singer 99K
    Shadow, 1929 Singer 128 (currently w/hand crank)

Hello --- sorry I am late to your Necchi Lydia party

I just opened my mom's sewing machine (she passed away in the 90's and I am just now getting the nerve to open it) and lo and behold it is a Necchi Lydia 544, complete with all the parts and the manual! If you are still in search of the manual, I would be glad to get a copy to you. It looks like a wonderfully solid machine. Can't wait to play a bit with it! I'm a weaver and sewing handwoven fabrics is tricky unless the machine is sturdy! I'm so delighted to find my new little gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    I purchased a Necchi Lydia 544 at GW on Tuesday. The price was $29.99 but with I had a 10% off coupon and it was senior citizens 10% off day so she cost me $24.00. She does not have the cover, or any other attachments. But she came with the foot controller and I was able to plug her in to test the motor. She runs.

I had to think long and hard about adding another girl to the hoard/herd but I could not leave her there to an unknown fate. I will have to find a manual because this sewing machine is not intuitive. I don't think I would have ever figured out how to thread her without finding a Youtube video. She is one grimy, dirty girl and will be today's cleaning project. I am fascinated by this sewing machine because she is so different in every way from any of my other sewing machines. I will be posting pictures of her later today.

Quote Originally Posted by artsymatilda View Post
    I just opened my mom's sewing machine (she passed away in the 90's and I am just now getting the nerve to open it) and lo and behold it is a Necchi Lydia 544, complete with all the parts and the manual! If you are still in search of the manual, I would be glad to get a copy to you. It looks like a wonderfully solid machine. Can't wait to play a bit with it! I'm a weaver and sewing handwoven fabrics is tricky unless the machine is sturdy! I'm so delighted to find my new little gem!
    Thanks for your offer. I did acquire a manual for Naughty Lydia. Naughty because I never could figure out the tension problem as she still managed a straight stitch. Naughty Lydia is still sitting in the closet for "time out". When you have a chance, remove the case and check if the plastic cam stack has fractures. If it doesn't you have a double treasure, your mother's sewing machine and intact camshaft.
    Sweet Caroline

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3